Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
  2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    The great thing about the damage is that it affects the car so there will be no more bumping around corners to take a lead.

3. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    people will still do that for the fun of it.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    ofc ppl will do it but not to the degree b4 and hugging wall is really really pointless :D pgr series are good but ppl ramming to the wall at full speed to get faster turn to a hairpin is wtf...

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    i hear that, i remember in gran turismo 4 taking a truck into an snow rally and just bumping off the walls and cars.

6. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Think i care about that bumper hanging on the front my my Ferrari Enzo? PFFFFFFFT. you gettin BUMPED!!

ha thats what I hate about online racing. You very rarely find people who actually want to play the game like it's supposed to be played. Then the host wrecks, realizes he can't win and wants to quit. Well.. goodbye game.

Sucks.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Try GTR2 with a few mates. Its all about who u race against. Id rather have a proper 2 car race than a shlt one with a lot of cars. I used to 2 car races in GT Legends and those were the best gaming moments of my life. Imagine half an hour of close bumper to bumper racing. Heaven!

I will certainly try to find some decent guys online in GT5 and then just race against them. Hope that will be possible. Some server options would be nice. Otherwise, 100 percent public servers will suck...

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    some aspects have a photrealistic quality to it. Too bad the Aliasing during gameplay will probably get int he way.
    for a consoles, i think it looks amazing with good production values

9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    DLC is almost a certainty.

GT5 was supposed to be released alongside a mobile version for the PSP. You could play the game on your PS3, upload the save to the PSP, and continue playing GT out and abouts. Also, there was DLC for new things like tracks, skins etc.

I doubt there will be many cars available for DLC, they may also have a price tag.

10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]

I like the headlights.

[​IMG]

More here ----> http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_11403_en.html

"Gran Turismo 5's damage modelling is unfinished
    Friday, 21 Aug 2009 12:45
    Gran Turismo Gran Turismo 5's damage modelling is currently unfinished, according to Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi.

Yesterday we brought you some new Gran Turismo 5 gameplay footage straight from GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. The game's new damage modelling was on show, though we must admit it looked a tad limited.

There's reason for this. Yamauchi-san explains in an interview with GamesBlog that the GT5 code brought to GamesCom "marks only the first step of what we want to achieve for damage."

It's also interesting to hear that Polyphony might be testing the damage out on gamers, since Yamauchi-san adds "we’re interested to know how far the players want to go."

Moreover, as previously predicted, the damage will not affect all car models in the game (of which there'll be a massive 1000):

"The damage already has repercussions on the steering but beware, it should not affect all vehicles in the game," Yamauchi-san adds.

It's also great to hear that GT5's release date is not far off, with Yamauchi-san explaining that the game will come out shortly after the franchise's PSP edition, which will be released on October 1st. "

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/g/gran-turismo-5/gran-turismo-5-s-damage-modelling-unfinished-$1320295.htm

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  12. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    I'll race you properly. We should make a gt5 clan :nerd:

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Cool mate, iv set up my wheel and my tablemate came in the post today so il be putting in some serious time into gt5p.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I will have to dig out my old wheel for this one, although it means having to do that sitting on the couch with it between your legs type racing.. LOL

15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have never bought a wheel for any console or pc but i think i will buy one for this game, which wheel would you guys recommend also do you find using the pedals easy and can you use the wheel to accel/brake.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Any good logitech should work... I use the dfp, the gt and g25 are also good. G25 the most expensive of them but theyre all great...

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That's what annoys me about todays "realistic" games tbh. Do you really think making a front wheel drive car spin out is that easy irl? Seriously, irl I have no problems accerlerating while turning and keeping it controlled.

Have u actually seen 2 cars at the 24 hours of Le Mans fight for the number 1 position for half an hour like beasts? If it were anything like the o so realistic GTR series, they would not even last 5 minutes the way they were driving. (Audi R8 vz Panoz LMP 900, couple years back during the first 2 hours of the race).

GT is not flawless but alot of games claiming they're realistic are a load of bullcrap aswell. And GT4 was pretty fail when it came down to handling, they were testing out something new with physics on the PS2 but it didn't turn out all that great.

And if u wonder, yes I have a drivers license :p

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I ordered a G25 from NCIX this friday, it was at 224$ CND!! My local Futureshop (best buy) had it at 380$ crazy bastards!!!. Should arrive soon, I'll come and share my thoughts :)

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    For those kind of prices i would expect the wheel to come with a free hooker who would would sit beside me giving me head when required when driving. LOL

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well yea made some bit of cash this summer, thought I could handle 224$ ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.