Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    wait only 170 of the 1000 cars have interior modeling?:3eyes:

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    the last trailer i saw showed damage only in the rally, if its not in the rest of the game ive 0 interest in this, had enough of bashing against walls without a scratch at 100mph in GT1,GT2,GT3,Gt4,GT5 prologue

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    GT5 is going to rock the boat all night long.......Yeeeeaaahhhhhh baby!!!!

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That will more than likely be the case, heard it was only if the manufacturer allowed it, so any manufacturers you liked in previous games that didn't have damage will be the same in this, its a shame though, not the developers fault though, but while this was fine for the previous 4/5 games, theses days the competition is higher and it does deter alot of potential buys i think.

5. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Perhaps it's simply taking too long to model each and every car inside and out. Maybe they will be releasing DLC ??

Just a thought.

6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, its always been the case with the GT series, alot of the car makers don't want their cars being crashed or destroyed.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yet they dond't mind their cars being smashed in other games? Makes no sense to me!

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well i think in the past since they couldn't have damage on some of the cars, they decided to remove it from all of them to stop races being inconsistent, also saves time, and ups perfrormance.

Whether the damage is limited to only the rally sections or not, i haven't saw anything confirming or denying this, but it would be weird to be in a race where some cars where getting damaged and others weren't.

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    well like i said before its also weird that they only modeled the inside of 170 cars out of 1000 car roster.

also, theres damage in normal races as well:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-gran-turismo/54450

but tbh, it doesnt look all that great.

10. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    never been bothered about damage, and indeed it does not look very good (i cant understand why they uploaded the rally one where bonnet just kept open for the whole race... surely would have come off or closed under braking???

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah, same with the door in the video i just posted. hopefully the damage will also inflict on the peformance of the car.

i love forza and i already have it pre-ordered, but also gonna get this game along with a ps3.

12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think decreasing the performance on cars is also a worry of some manufacturers.

By rally, i meant other than rally cars, rather than races, would like to see if any damage on the traditional GT roster.

The interior thing is a strange one, looking like a bit like there will be 1000 cars but only a couple hundered of them will be fully featured and the rest will be filler to make impressive marketing stats.

13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah but that makes no sense since forza 3 has damage, even rollovers!
    and it does affect your car in terms of performance. and that will
    happen in all 400 cars in the game. i mean if forza can do it, why can't gran turismo?

though what im hoping for is, that the game still has a year or so in development and we get to see some improvement.
    just kinda disappointed given how long this game has been in development.

14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, me too, i get the feeling its laziness from the developers, as its never been in the previous games so probably not a huge priority to add it now.

The GT series has always been glossy, pretty games with lots of features, gritty and overly realistic were never its aims.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    As to the Forza Vs GT4 debate, I used to be a HUGE Gran Turismo fan. I loved 3 and 4, and thought they couldn't be touched. However, when I bought a 360 and played Forza 2, it honestly put GT4 to shame. The cars felt so much more realistic, like they actually have some weight to them. You can feel the momentum way better. This is just my personal opinion. I hope GT5 is better, because going back to GT4 after playing Forza....Well, it was very disappointing...

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah i know what you mean, trying to spin out in gran turismo is a hard job.
    while in forza just accelerate while turning with a front wheel drive car and there you go.

also its nice to talk about the difference between them without having people constantly being like GT5 iz teh best!

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    what ive understood about gt5 dmg modelling and interiors is that every car has interior but 170 has damage modelling ... cockpit view yay i liked that thing about gt5p atleast else i felt it was inferior to forza 2 but well its not a full game :D gt5 will surely be a different story.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Forza 3 is coming out in October and every car will have interior views.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How many cars is that?

20. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    400+, but i did some more research and apparently all the cars will have interiors but only the interiors of 170 of them will also get damaged.
    thats a really nice feature and innovation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.