Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I get near perfect perfomance on the emulators with my system so i don't see any problems at all for you, it can be fiddly, but as a PC gamer its nothing you can't handle.

Uncharted2 is my fave game this year, looked forward to it, even while i was working lol, but with GT5 so far off, and me not an RPG fan, especially not Japanese ones, i don't have that much, GOW3 looks nice visually, but it looks like it plays like DMC4, which bored me to death.

Will see how Xmas treats my work though.

Wonder if you can rent consoles like you could years ago??

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Ahh dont get me wrong, i play loads of games on it and the performance is grand, however you can feel its hogging the machine, i.e. its still quite heavyweight. Im hoping the grayish fog issue in GoW1 & 2 is sorted soon though as im playing through them at the moment.

Yeah thats the only game released on the PS3 that im interested in now, will hopefully get a copy to play over crimbo.

lol, that would be perfect, id sell my PS3 in a second if we could do that.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've felt that too, but with a C2D and a GTX260 i thought that was normal, but the emulators do run much better in DX10 mode, than in 9, and the GT games, as well as the Tekken games upscale well.
    You tryed the 5850 yet?

I don't know if you can rent consoles now, i remember being offered a PS1 by a rental company called Ritz years back, would be handy though, pay for a hardcore weeks worth every few months :)

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Oh yeah the upscaling and AA are cracking in games, FF12 looks superb, even got the conversion of PS3 save games( that you can get online working ).

not yet now, will tomorrow :), still benchmarking/overclocking it, 25850 in 3dMark06, 17850 in Vantage, and 50.36FPS average in Crysis benchie everything high, no AA and 1680x1050.
    In my own experience PCSX2 is more memory and cpu hungry than the gfx card( across 3 different builds in 6 months and 3 different gfx cards lol ), but hopefully this 5850 will perform well.

bigtime, id love that, theres so few exclusives that that setup would be sufficient, especially when i dont have a 360 but could at least play the exclusives.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    still if you gto pcsx2 running with a decent framerate, some effects are still missing.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    We met with Gran Turismo creator and godfather Kazunori Yamauchi at SEMA and asked him the usual phalanx of questions--most importantly, when the heck is the game coming out? We're dying here, man, dying!!!!!

When will you release GT5?

Yamauchi: We will release it in March in Japan but for other regions, it has not been decided yet.

What's holding it up?

That's more depending on SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) marketing decisions.

Have you spoken with those guys?

My job is to create the product, not sell it.

What's taking so long with the product, then?

From our perspective, it doesn't seem like that long a time. To make Gran Turismo 5, we threw away the legacy code from GT4 and started from scratch. It's been five years from [the release of] GT4, and that's the same amount of time it took to develop the first GT4. To create a game from scratch, that's the amount of time it takes to get it right.

You're at the SEMA show, what do you think?

Every time I come to SEMA, I can feel the passion of the car owners who bring their cars here. The SEMA show is different from what you see at a typical motor show. There is more passion here.

Will any SEMA cars ever be in GT5?

It is possible.

How many cars will be on GT5?

I have never actually counted all the cars. I don't have a policy to count them all. We are aiming for 1,000 cars in GT5.

Will those be on the disc when you buy the game or will we have to download them from other sources?

They will all be on the disc.

How do you chose which cars get in the game?

There will be three types: cars we want, the cars the users would like to see in the game and then cars the manufacturers want in it.

Have any manufacturers paid to put their cars in the game?

There have been cases where they've shown that interest [in paying to play], but I don't think we've ever shown interest in [accepting money to include certain cars].

Wouldn't that be a profitable venture for you?

A lot of times it develops into a relationship where we collaborate to raise the level of the game.

How many racetracks do you have in GT5?

There are 20 different environments and around 70 different track layouts.

Which tracks?

We haven't made any announcements. The demo [playing next to us in the interview room] is of Route 246, which runs through the middle of Tokyo.

That must be ripe for wrecking cars. Does GT5 include damage to the cars?

Yes, and the demo has it.

Is it difficult to include that feature?

It is not very hard, though it was not in previous Gran Turismos.

Is GT5 more for the advanced player or can beginners play too?

We do have a setting for people who are just learning how to drive. The other setting is very strict, where even an F1 driver can learn new tricks from the system. However, a lot of driver's aids will be included, such as driving lines, ABS, automatic braking, you can reverse your game and record your laps and share them with others. All those things. They were not that difficult to implement.

What other features will GT5 have?

There will be 400,000 polygons per car, 100 times more than were present on GT4. GT4 had 4,000 polygons per car. You can customize and tune the cars, too.

You have NASCAR and WRC in the game. Does this include the complete list of all tracks in those series?

The NASCAR series is so large it would be impossible to put everything in the game. We will have select courses and select cars in the game. You will also be able to race the stock cars on a number of tracks not found on the NASCAR calendar. In speaking with NASCAR, they said they'd like to see their cars able to race on other tracks, and you can do that [in GT5].

Will you have F1, ALMS or FIA GT?

We had a Ferrari F1 car in the game. For FIA GT and ALMS, we won't have that in the series yet. But we will have a lot of cars that race at Le Mans, so in that sense, there will be cars from ALMS.

Have you played Forza Motorsport 3?

I was watching the guys at our company trying it out in the office. I tried it a little bit. It's very similar in a lot of aspects to Gran Turismo. Some base components of the game are very different from Gran Turismo. It's a little bit different from what a simulator is. You can feel it when you drive it.

Will there be a Gran Turismo 6?

Yes. You won't have to wait as long as you did for GT5. GT5 represents a whole new operating system. GT6 is just new apps that run on the GT5 system.

Will there be downloadable content for GT5?

Eventually there will probably be but there are no actual plans set yet.

What did GT5 cost to make?

[He and translator do some figuring, converting yen to dollars] $60 million. There are other games that cost more. Considering the size and scale of the game, I think it's probably a fairly small amount.

Where do you see the future of gaming? Is it taking over movies, music and video as a form of entertainment?

I think that's already happened. It does take up a part of somebody's time in life. What's taking the most amount of time in people's lives is communication, like Facebook and things like this. I think that might take away from the time people spend on entertainment, whether it's movies or video games. A lot of basic instincts of human beings is starting to come out now [on sites such as Facebook]. Maybe human beings are just satisfied by continually communicating, not face to face but just communicating. The content they communicate doesn't seem to matter very much; it can be pretty much anything, even meaningless at times. There's a good possibility that even video games might be faded away.

But not right away?

Obviously not right away, but things change over time in every generation.

Domo arrigato

You're welcome.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091103/SEMA/911039983#ixzz0VvfACHPo

7. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
  8. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Man, still not out yet? Major fail.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Man, you're still here? Epic fail. Go troll somewhere else. If you hate consoles, ef off. I'd rather wait another 4 months for GT5 than have Forza 3 now.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    LOL..I could say Forza 3, out now, major fail, and the diffrence being its true for all to see......LOL

11. (IRE)Wolfman

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    :wanker:
    March 2010, the first ever date announced. Whats your problem.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    why do you response to his trolling as far as i know hes been trolling in xbox topics ps3 topics and every other topic around :e... and ive read that "i wish i didnt sell my ps3" "i wish i didnt sell my xbox 360" and so on...

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Just spreading the love about.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    lol love is good and all :)

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

We all know you have Sony's nutsack permanently fastened to your nose so go troll somewhere else.

Forza 3 is a great game. GT5 may also be a great game but nobody knows that yet. It could be a huge failure. Don't start flame wars about prodcuts that don't exist yet.

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    so true nhlkoho, personally if GT5 is ****. Im selling my ps3 as its the only reason i bought it like 3 ****ing years ago :)

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He's a troll and as one of those ugly creatures he comes here every night to say horrible things about consoles after he finishes polishing his ATI gpu.

18. (IRE)Wolfman

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Please spare me your higher than mighty BS....although its interesting you did not attack the original troll in this PS3 thread, you know the one banging on at every opportunity that F3 is great and GT is BS because its not out yet......No doubt you will be unwilling to attack your fellow MS fanboy, you know the one I'm talking about, the one that takes turns with you giving MS one off the wrist when your hand gets sore.

Judging by your own posts i see your only here to troll yourself seeing as and i quote" Honestly, my PS3 sits idle under my TV collecting dust ", and all the other whinging and bitching you do about it.

So give me a break with your facade of being anything other than a MS fanboy, just be open about it instead of trying to hide it, not that you do a good job at that anyway.

20. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    GT5 isn't gonna be nothing "new", same old like the previous games. Dunno why they're trying to hype it up for all the time knowing that when it comes out, it's gonna be average, nothing special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.