Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well real cars chassis get damaged when you race them, especialy road cars if your taking them to the ring every weekend sooner or later your going to end up with a cracked and or warped chassis, unusual uneven tire wear can be a symptom of something very wrong with the chassis in real life at lest :).

I can tell any car i have driven if it is good or bad, just by driving it a bit. Heck even in cars i have never driven i can have a pretty fair guess at how they should behave by their drive layout, weight, bhp, turbo or natural, etc.

FTG and bobs have known issues at nurburg track, do not recall them having problems at monza however but my bob raced it in the rain. And i had a decent tune that took the car habit of just spinning out on whim and made it slide rather than snap kill you. Which is the tendency i found in the bone stock car a tendency that really annoyed the hell out of me. But that one section of nurburg he loved to just drive the car off the road, good thing he had taken first in every race and had a good lead going at nurburg so i think he still managed first there, despite him running the car off the road not once but twice and think even sun it off one of the times.

BUt naw i think chassis is fine, just saying it is not covered in the instruction book and i have never heard kaz or anyone at pd really get into the who whys and whats of it. BUt you would not really have any clue in real life either until the thing just went, you might have nagging unexplanied problems with the car but to have the chassis inspected is usually the last thing anyone ever thinks of.

I mean this one guy had his chassis fractured from driving, and only thing odd with the car is one of this tires would go bald and just kept going bald to the point he was having to have his tires replaced everytime he went to the track, well i do not recall what the final straw was but the chassis under the car was cracked in half when they finally got around to checking that after they checked just about everything else with the axles the suspension the brakes the computers. SO it not all that easy in real life to figure out oh yea i trashed my chassis, lucky for that guy they found it before he did a few laps more or else his discovering it might have been his car shearing in half while driving down he road.

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    all golds on the seasonal events :smugsmiley lol

1) they need save mode during the championships, or at least be able to exist to the home screen.

2) you need to be able to pit in, but without having to change any specific set of tyres.

3) B spec bob is still a retard when overtaking, sort it out PD!!!

4) speed up mode in b spec would be a god send.

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    please dont compare GT4 to GT5, imo GT4 was better.

but the main reason i say not to compare, is that B-spec mode in GT4 worked.

a few examples why GT4 is better than GT5 with regards to endurance and bspec bob;

1) you can save mid-championship, even exist the race but go back in, good to top up the car with oil.

2) B spec mode works, ie the driver is good and isnt a retard at driving.

3) you can choose to pit and not have to change tyres.

4) b spec mode driver behavour is perfect, 1-5 modes starting from slow to insnaely fast pace. but the driving style stays on the selected mode, doesnt decrease down to a snails pace over time like it does on GT5.

any more to the list anyone why GT4 is better in this sense?

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    There was no level system in gt4?

You could sell cars you hated for a decent amount of cr.

GT5 just made GT into a double grind well throw b-spec in and you got a triple grind, but you can grind for cr or you can grind for xp, but the best xp races pay out garbage for cr, lets totally exclude the sesonal events in this, add to the fact that since your owned cars sell mostly for nothing, and that the really valuable cars you cannot sell at all only throw them away, means that you are going to be spending hours upon hours driving in circles for cr, and then hours upon hours driving around a track for xp.

And people wonder why so many people glitch/cheat the game to get cars, to restore their cr, etc. It is almost moronic how they broke for the norm of the gt series, earn your licenses do your races etc, and added a much more annoying as hell system into the mix, add to the fact that roughly 80% of the cars in game are form the gt4 game and earlier, it makes it even more mind boggling that pd decided that the level system was a grand idea all of a sudden.

GT is about collecting and driving cars period, not about busting your ass to get your level up for hours upon hours and days and weeks on end. THen busting your ass more so you can actually buy cars.

This is near a recipe for disaster i mean many people do not like the grindy nature of games, people with limited playtime will really get tired of it after while. which is a shame because there is alot of great driving and great cars to be had. But i think a certain amount of people will just get caught up in the whole level/money thing and get turned off.

5. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I dont sell cars, only if its duplicate.

I want them all, by the year 2012 I might have that done.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  6. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Tested Vettel Challenge last night and wow that is some pretty serious car :D

Bronzed them all in a about hour and got even silver in monza on my second "try"
    I put " because so many times i failed and lost the control and rarely got two good laps together ^^ Still very fun and silver on all tracks is not impossible at all for me maybe even gold...

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well your from finland i think they got a wheel and pedal set in the womb for you all before your mother gives birth so you can start practicing doing insane stuff in cars heh.

8. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8LJx71_9o

XD

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hehe yup saw the episode, great country to drive in, funny that captian slow was proud to have passed a housewife and a elderly man hehe. god if people over here could drive at all it would be a miracle. my driving test involved driving down a road and doing a three point turn.

course i mostly learned to drive in computer sim and junk back on the old commodore 128,ibms and nintendo and etc lol, drove my high school driving "instructor" crazy with my late breaking and accelerating thru turns lol, one time she slammed the break on mid turn on me i was like what the f......and she was shreaking your going too fast! and i replied no i wasn't lol.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Is that possible? If memory serves correct all the previous GT games had upper limits on how many cars you could have in your garage, for some reason the number 250 comes to mind..

11. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Well not in this game..

Trophy
    Car Collector
    Fill your Garage with 1,000 cars

12. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI

If that where true I would never have bought the game in the first place lol

13. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    anybody want to trade a Lexus IS F Racing Concept ´´08? brand new its the price off nurburgring endurance 4 hours.

I had already bought one and since I cant sell it (not even the one I bought), this is stupid.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    got 2 of one one i painted in tvr chamaleon something or other so it looks all funky ;). not that i drive either but hey its not a bad car.

15. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Lol I also painted mine with the TVR chamelion, its not a bad car I just dont need 2.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea strange you win one like 8 levels after you need one for a race series huh.....

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.