Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    The cycle is not completely random though, it's slightly random, but certain cars appear more towards the start of the cycle and others towards the end. Think I'm half way so the Formula GT could show any time now.

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    +1

i dont have alot of free time to **** about with racing all the time just to do endurance races on b spec mode or what ever.

it really pisses me off the levelling system especially with the cars you can buy. i mean some of these cars are stupidly priced.

more pissed off on the lack off cars able to buy at a specific time, regardless of the 1000+ cars avalilble within the game.

3. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    You can use the Lexus IS F Racing Concept in DTM

Levelling system works ok upto 25, but beyond that its a joke.

Ahhh, the grind, finally got level 30 (a-spec) but i just cant be a**ed anymore, and b-spec is just lame, yet its the only bit im still going, i dont know why (currently level 31 or 32) meh ...

Kinda funny i bought a PS3 (turns out way to in advanced) mainly for GT5, and the main reason on not selling it on is Uncharted

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Corrupt^ and sunn thanks for the tips I will try that;)

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    accdg to GTP peeps, the cars in the used car lot is not random. it follows a predetermined list that cycles forward when: 1.) a day progresses in the game and 2.) when you do races. everytime it refreshes 6 new cars is added to the used lot.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    FINALLY... A wild snor... ehm Formula GT appears :p Last time I didn't have enough money.

7. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I just got a Ford GT40 race car '69 for the incredible amount of 19,829,600 credits lol

The is just too much credits for a car.

It would take a normal person years to buy al the cars in the game.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you can win i think the 69 gt ford in the indy 500 for a spec.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    only nurburgring GP/F left to do in seb's challenges and i'll have my own X1! :D

10. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    woot! i got my X1! yey! :cheers:

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    nice man i got 2 indy 500s left before i get to try it. or 1 and something else seems like one more will leave me 20% of my xp bar to fill. If i can avoid doing indy 2 more times.....did it 3 times yesterday :p.

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I still havent finished one of the races in the beginner series, no used cars will come up that i can use, does my head in.

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    @Copey
    Which car do you need? maybe i can lend you one if i have it on my garage..

@cerebus
    you can do Dreamcar C'ship if you're tired of the endurance. it has lower xp/min than indy500 (~770xp/min, compared to ~980xp/min) but much higher credit gains according to my spreadsheet.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well cr is not a factor just getting this damn grind to 30 over with i mean my forearms are trashed doing 7 hours of indy 500. Steering gets really heavy on the ovals. On the plus side my break leg is fully rested since indy is full throttle 6th gear the whole way around.

15. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Erm its the classic world championship in beginner, i cant remember what you can use, it has to be before 69 i think.

if you could lend cars that would be great, im guessing your further than me tho so i wont have much you can use lol

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    @Copey
    that's ok.. lol.. i'm just helping other people. btw, i have an unmodded E-type jag, will that do? i'll check my garage for a better one if I missed something better. what's your PSN btw?

@Cerebus

i've read people taping the throttle button on their DS3 and doing the whole indy with one hand on the steering lol. that's why i just let bob do the diry work for me. lol

17. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yeah think i can use the jag, mine is lCertifiedl i might already have you tho lol ul have to explain how you share cars, as i cant work it out.

cheers for this, will save me ripping my hair out lol

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  18. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    im struggling now, im going to restart the game cos i sold most of my cars to buy upgrades and now i cant race because i havent got any classic cars or classic jap cars or trucks.......non for sale either :(

19. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    err.. then just do the ones you've previously completed to regain some credits?

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Add them as friends on the psn, then you can launch gt5 and goto your community tab, click on the persons name there, then select gift/garage in this case and sslect the car you want to gift.

You can also gift cars directly out of your garage, BUT it is buggy and cars have a habit of vanishing when gifted that way......so do not do it.

Cash is easy early on do special events i mean i had a italia with every upgrade you can get before i even did a race. Do some license tests if you need a few levels to unlock some of the special events and boom you got tons of cash. Now later one then you need 5 million dollar cars and stuff.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.