1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    actually i'm not quite sure where it starts to degrade. because the term they use is "peak" or "peak of their career" and I don't know exactly how far in a driver's career is that "peak". i'll post more info when my drivers starts to whittle down. cheers! :cheers:

[​IMG]

btw, i'm making an excel file containing credits and xp earnings from every B-Spec race. it has credits and exp per minute calculations so you would know which ones are the most rewarding with the least amount of time (and management) spent. i'll post it here when most of the fields gets filled with data. :cheers:

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol u b spec a ton.

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i do. haha.

i'm @ lv27 B-spec, lv 17 A-Spec. lol. this way i can do more, while Bob does the grinding for me. :D

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hehe lvl 24 a spec level 22 b spec.

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    good for you. i still haven't found the patience to grind A-Spec. :lol:

btw, i just read over at GTP forums that you get a free X1 when you reach lv35 B-Spec. i'm not sure about A-Spec, but i'm guessing you don't get it under A-Spec because a number of people already reached lv 40 A-Spec and hasn't posted anything about this.

anyway, you get the chance to get it @ lv30 through Seb's Challenge in Special Events.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea nite anyway gonna go lay in bed a bit and do a bit of b spec till i pass out.

7. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Bloody hell your doing well in B-Spec. I just got to level 28 in A-Spec and am about to buy the F1 2010 car :D

8. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Two more days and I get my hands on it - 320gb PS3 slim bundle with collectors edition :) by birthday couldn't come sooner...

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    oooh I bet you're excited mate :)

10. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I think B spec was made\forced by sony to wear out ps3s so we have to buy more.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    DOh 21.5 in b spec i was off by a half level, but working on it :). People on the gt5p forum say the japan champ is the best race to farm level. But i find this like the wind on the oval with the minolta toyota race car is hands down better. You can stick your level 0 or 1 bobs in the thing and it is a fairly easy win, with a bit of prodding and it is fast They will completly tire out but it is near impossible to skrew up the race even when their ment and physical are bottomed out. Just hit pace up on occasion toward the latter half of the race when they thorougly exhuasted and when done they will jump up a bunch of levels, and you will get a nice chunk of your b spec level bumped up to boot. Took my level 0 schumacher driver to level 9 in two races round.

12. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    My S. Baldwin b spec driver slams his brakes at the finish line on daytona on every lap on the truck series. He is a tard I want to kill him...so I suped up the truck, gave it 200-300 more hp than the other trucks, lightened it, geared it for 190 and the moron still comes in last...F S.Baldwin.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I thought the 1.3 update fixed the ai braking at the finish line? Beyond that trick out the handling of the truck and pace him up in the bends like crazy is how i beat the ovals in the 1.1, 1.2 tho i not done daytona much since 1.3 and only just found a truck on the used car lot to go back and try the truck race.

14. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I havent bothered with B-spec yet, i can see me ripping my hair out after all these comments.

15. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Now it would be cool if you could have all of your racers in the same race so youd gain a ton of XP and cash all at the same time!

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I think when you unlock the endurance races you can do that since you can set pit strategy for drivers to pit n when they reach a strength level you set there, and they swap drivers, But then again 24 hours is a LONG time to be farming :p.

17. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    nah.. i've done 3 endurance races, and none of them are good for farming. aside from letting you AFK for very long while without ever touching the controller, the championships are still better.

edit:

just to add, it seems that GT5's "Social network" is already up and running.. check them out.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  18. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    trust me, you will ;)

19. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Do you want to decrease loading times? Is simple just turn off ALL the soundtrack in the game especially the game menus.

Else the PS3 is always reading from the disc, by doing this the loading times get a little bit faster.

The game soundtrack sucks anyway...

they should allow mp3 to be played in the game menus, just like they allow during the race.

because Evangelion soundtrack + GT5 Rules!

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Hint for those doing the Jeff Gordon Nascar special events. The last race is the biggest pain of all of them... ...if you drive the car as it is set. The car comes out of the blocks with ABS on and ASM on. You can;t disable the ASM and it significantly slows you down when cornering.

Disable ABS though and ASM is disabled as well, this allows you to take the corners at a much greater speed and makes the last race, and more than likely the other races, a cake walk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.