Gran Turismo 5 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by aircool, Jan 2, 2011.

1. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    They should ban the ones who cheat, and not spoil everybody else.

2. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Let me copy&paste new seasonal events here :)

FF Drivetrain, 200hp

* Tsukuba
    * Eiger Short
    * Trial Mountain

FR Drivetrain, 300hp

* Deep Forest Raceway
    * Suzuka Circuit
    * Cape Ring North

4WD Drivetrain, 400hp

* Rome
    * Laguna Seca
    * Cape Ring Full

Ferrari Formula Cars

* Tokyo
    * Nurburgring GP/F
    * Indy Road Course

hp numbers are not restrictions but suggestions to get more fair race.
    This time you can repeat them but cr and xp prizes are low.

OCD:
    Tacoma X-Runner 20,422
    SVT Lightning 32,247
    Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex 51,810
    RUF BTR 96,925
    RUF 3400S 67,338
    RUF RGT 129,291
    RUF CTR2 205,591
    RUF Yellowbird 146,418
    Escudo 1,947,920
    Clio Renault Super Trophy RC 111,370
    Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 TC 1,474,312
    FGT 4,929,325

3. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    what took them so long?

4. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    My guess is that it had something to do with gt academy usa issues.

These new seasonals seem to be worst so far. I love those f1 challenges and they are hard but the rest...like 4wd, first i took my 340hp subaru and won cape ring easy(sport medium tires) and then with 300hp citroen wrc i won laguna seca easy even though some opponents cars had over 440hp...

5. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    at least I got to use my F1 that was collecting dust in the garage.

And finally I completed collecting all of the RUF's

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Do you get cash rewards for those new seasonal challenges?

7. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    yes but limited I think the maximum is about 100.000Cr in the F1 races.

8. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Kaz just tweeted that next update is coming 18th FEB so next weeks friday.
    It brings back the PP system from prologue, gt anywhere(not 100% sure) and better penalty system so that gt academy can continue.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  10. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Quick question - can you use the Formula GT for anything other than the race in epxert series?

Also anyone got a Classic Race car they can lend/trade? i cant seem to get one anywhere, and my buick isnt good enough lol

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

11. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    The formula GT yes, the ferraris F1 no.

I have a JAguar's XJ13 Race car to trade.

12. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i brought the formula GT, its fast lol

What would you want in return, i probs aint as far as you in the game but might have something

13. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Don´t know the car is 25.000.00cr I was lookin for a Lambo Miata.

14. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Patch is out with new seasonal events.

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
    ・Remote Racing
    On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
    You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
    For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product information section on gran-tursimo.com.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
    For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
    Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
    You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)

・Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
    We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
    For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
    The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

・Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
    [Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・Increased Penalties for Special Events
    The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
    The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
    In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
    For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Settings
    Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Multi Monitor
    From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
    You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
    For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
    - It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
    - [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
    - [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
    - In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
    - In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
    - User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
    - Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
    - When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
    - Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
    - It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
    - It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
    - Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
    - Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
    - The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
    - Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
    - Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
    -Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
    - Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
    - A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
    - The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
    - Game save speed has been optimised.
    - The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
    - The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
    - The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
    - The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

In Seasonal Events we get five new races in old format(high xp/prize money) and two new races in FF,FR,4Wd and F1 category.

Bonus Race 7:
    1. Nissan Micra - Deep Forest - 5 Laps - 200,000 Cr. - 20,000 XP
    2. Honda Civic - Suzuka - 5 Laps - 350,000 Cr. - 35,000 XP
    3. Nissan Z - Madrid - 5 Laps - 500,000 Cr. - 50,000 XP
    4. Subaru Impreza - Nordschelife - 1 Lap - 650,000 Cr. - 65,000 XP
    5. Mazda RX-7 - Eifel (Circuit) 102D - 5 Laps - 800,000 Cr. - 80,000 XP

FF Challenge:
    4. Fuji - 2 Laps
    5. Eifel (Kart) 102A - 5 Laps

FR Challenge:
    4. Madrid - 5 Laps
    5. Eifel (Circuit) 102B - 5 Laps

4WD Challenge:
    4. SSR5 - 3 Laps
    5. Mt. Aso 102A - 5 Laps

Ferrari Formula:
    4. Suzuka - 10 Laps
    5. Eifel (Circuit) 102C - 10 Laps

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Some good changes there, definately welcoming the removal of the "HDD access warning message" at start up and optimized save speeds. I'd also like to see them remove some of the confirmation dialogs in the future like for instance when you fit new parts, you first get the dialog wich tells the modification, then it asks if you wish to purchase it, then it asks if you wish to fit the part now and finally it tells you that its been installed and you need to hit OK... atleast remove the last one ffs :p. Gets a bit tiring if you're buying multiple parts at once.

Also welcoming the change of going back to the old style Seasonal rewards, i know i said earlier in the thread that the rewards were a bit too high but having now reached level 28, all i really got left are the endurance races and B-spec, neither wich really interest me, endurance mainly because of the amount of time i need to invest for a single race and B-spec because of the Artifiacial Imbecile.

I wonder if the xp increases in A and B spec work retroactively, as in does the game have a look at what events ive completed and when and rewards me or will i have to do the races again if i wish to get the new experience amounts.

16. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    So now you get even less credits? some day instead off giving it takes credits.

I was looking forward for a system that tells you if you already have a certain car, I reached a point that is impossible to keep track.

The other changes are welcome, but for those of us who been playing the game since it came out it really doesn't matter.

17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    *edited for clarity and because I was in a hurry first time round

The new patch ain't bad but it ain't what it should have been.

- New seasonal class specific races. The FR, RR and 4WD classes seem to give a more specific set of challenges however the rules and regs are still too loose with no incentive to not just over power your ride and beat everyone in the race flat, also where's the MR class, Zonda, McLarean, Ferrari, Lambo all of them are mostly MR.

- Two new tracks, dunno if the MT Aso and Effiel tracks are wholly new I know the Mt Aso track is used in the vehicle demo mode but whatever the case they are both fantastic tracks. A little lacking in trackside detail but that doesn't matter when the racing on them is so good.

- PP system, as it is it is still not going to fix the online issues but it should hopefully tighten the competition up a bit and with any luck lead to a proper select a car from garage select go online and be instantly matched with a race that should proven fair, fun and even.

- Content, new seasonal races provide a good whack of new races but they still lack focus, they can all be blitzed by overpowering the car. We need some new focused championships.

Overall not a bad patch but still lacking.

The B Spec remote control is something that should have been dumped in favour of redirectly work load to something a tad more worthwhile. Dunno how many folk will actually use it but I can tell you that I won't even get as far as just trying it just to see what it does.

Level system is still there, nothing else can be said about that.

Still no mid race save, mid championship save or opportunity for you to swap drivers.

Didn't notice it in the notes above but does this patch fix the save game bloat and kill issue that can render save games useless?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  18. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Credit system is now back to normal as it was before any updates but now they increased xp rewards quite a bit which is much better.

PP system is great addition because now i can race with my favorite cars in low hp races and still get nice challenge out of it.

19. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    XP is useless, after you reach level 35, I aint gona do the 24 hours endurance races so I just dont see the point. Grind over and over again to reach level 40 to do a 24H race that gives you 200.000 credits and a crap car? No thanks!

With credits I can buy cars thats what GT is all about.

20. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    yeah i cant be arsed with the 24hr races for 200k, they need to reward you with millions, especially in A spec mode.