Grab for free: Assassins Creed Syndicate from Epic Games Store (from Thursday)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    This is a really good game, if you're into Assassins Creed. I'd get it on steam, but I'll skip having another peace of DRM installed on my PC.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    pretty sure at this point skyrim is pushing decade at this point, I still think Skyrim/SE look amazing well after your mod npc female/male models and textures to 4k textures and more poylgons along with hair and armor. environments to me look amazing still. one thing that urks me has animations there just horrid, and dont even get me start how "jumping" it look like they forget there is actual gravity involved in jumping cause you can change it animations but far as can tell that dont change fact they always "float" back to ground and welll nioh might not be as old but it damn fun and might not be pretty's game but combat is just ridiculously fun to master, hell skyrim isnt is pretty by todays standards but again i keep come back for more, one day i might actual finish all the other addons and not just the main story. i general just get side tracked running around leveling up skills..

I come to realize I have like 4 AC game on uplay i got free, and 2 or 3 i got free from psn + the first 2 i bought on ps2

3. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I've never gotten much into Skyrim, but I've played Fallout 4 for years. Applied CBBE mod with 8K skin textures and it looks amazing on my 4K monitor. The mods for Bethesda games really give them longevity and variety. As for the game itself, it wasn't the main story that kept me busy but the settlement and base building system - I spent a huge amount of time building the perfect settlements and arming my settlers to the teeth. Raiders don't last too long when they're faced with two dozen settlers armed with assault rifles and gatling lasers. ;)

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    building up all the house and level up skill and fact you wonder around whole world and never do single main story mission is why I still haven actual beat the game with all it addons., I could never get into fallout though, not fan of guns and fps. I every time I update mods I for skyrim I windup starting a new game, cause update mods mid game is just asking for problems. the fact that skyrim is what 9 years old and community is still patch the game and fix tells you something, with those patches Skyrim would be one broke ass game, pretty FO has same thing going. and next ES game will too. it not offten you find game that has patchs fixing this for this long, let alone by community patches

5. bobalazs

bobalazs Member

GPU:
    MSi R9 270 Gaming
    Now this was all a giveaway now i only wish i had the last two. :)

[​IMG]

6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Might be because I am in Australia? But it says 21st on mine and I couldn't get it until this morning.

7. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    It doesn't work like that. At least not with Uplay games on steam. You HAVE to launch the game from steam (but you can do so in offline mode), but I'm not sure if that's the case with Epic.

8. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    Really enjoying the game and coming from the UK. London the history tangents. I get it ! Amazing graphics ! An Old London expressive to describe how demanding this game is: It fare cobbles my system it does Gov. :)
    Not the same with Epic can launch direct Ubisoft.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Ty Hilbert for the reminders on these things. Also I wasn't the only one that read the title as "grab free ass" right? Right?
    Same, and my video card at the time couldn't handle it well. I'd play it now if it weren't so outdated with a list of so many better things to play.

The setting is what makes a large of the chunk of the game worth experience for me. I don't particularly like the Far Cry games but I played Primal because it was set in a prehistoric era.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    vestibule likes this.
  10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Edit: Alzheimers, wish I could delete double posts.

11. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Now that's some gold right there bud. I needed the laugh while I sit here in pain - thanks!
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn Thanks for letting me know about the free game, I appreciate it, and it's also a nice reward to your loyal following.
    So again, thank-you.

Sadly, the EPIC game thing is epic fail, because it tried to link my uplay account (which like Epic account only has FREE titles), and failed miserably saying 'cannot externally link account' or something like that in Firefox.
    Also, trying to retrieve another free game on Epic, and the thing loaded a giant 4k picture and I couldn't scroll the window on 1080p, haha.
    Definitely not going to have much sales that way, that's for sure. Bog standard Windows 10 Pro here (paid for!).
    1000% going to stick with GOG DRM-free stuff and Steam for the rest.
    But still Hilbert, thanks a million, that's why I'm here daily - not just for the reviews that told me ditching my 4790k after almost 5 years for a Ryzen 3700x would net a decent performance increase for my workload.