1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU Shared Memory - X370 Asrock ITXac Fatal1ty

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by randomizer, Dec 12, 2018.

1. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 RX 8gb
    I researched and tried to find a way to disabled shared Memory with GPU as I have RX 580 8GB ram and isn't necessary to have additional 8gb of Ram to be shared with it. According to Microsoft it's controlled in bios. I looked in BIOS and even in 'ZEN" settings which SHOULD have the option as it has nearly every other option and cannot find it or it's under a different name.

Has someone else experienced this and found a solution?

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    There should be a bios setting stating what the primary gpu is. On the ASUS board my wife's rig uses the shared memory setting only appears if the primary gpu is set to use the integrated gpu.

3. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 RX 8gb
    The problem is that I don't have integrated GPU, AMD Ryzen 5 2600.

4. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    ok first off "shared memory" isn't a problem, its an integral part of window's video memory management, it makes it so that IF you were to exceed the maximum vram your computer wont crash, it just spills over into main ram. hence "shared"

windows will not use shared memory until you exceed your vram limits.

The only time shared vram will be effected via a bios option is if you have an apu, which can allocate more or less memory for the igpu from the main memory.

hope this clear it up for you

spajdrik and stormy like this.

5. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 RX 8gb
    Yes it does clear it up, thank you