GPU settings on Geforce 9600m GT

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Kuven, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Kuven

Kuven New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia / Geforce 9600m gt
    Hi there,

I have a HP Notebook with a GeForce 9600M GT graphic card and my GPU temp is very hot (used CPUID Hardware Monitor, CoreTemp and the nvidia performance report) and all 3 pretty much say its 80 degrees for idling, sometimes it got to well over 90.
    I have installed the latest Riva program and followed burebista's generic guide from the sticky, BUT i cannot even do the first step as I do not have the same pictures.

[​IMG]

I also have tried MSI Afterburn and the Nvidia's control panel from their website to try to fix my GPU, but none of them allow me to, the setting is stuck pretty much at 0% for the GPU fan.
    I also read that GeForce 9600m GT doesnt work for Riva?
    Would like some help as I fear my graphic card is pretty much dying.

Edit - I just realized when I run Riva Tuner it says at the start Unsupported Driver Detected and upgrade to the new Riva Tuner, but I already got the latest one.

2. Kuven

Kuven New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia / Geforce 9600m gt
    Anyone got any ideas please?
    My GPU is over 100 degrees when I run even just windows media player. I already cannot play games and now cannot even watch dvds.

3. zatoichi23

zatoichi23 Member

GPU:
    Msi 770 2GB
    if your fan is stuck at zero % maybe the fan is broken - or as I heard someone on here say 'Borked'