GPU needs reballing?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gabsvm, May 25, 2019.

1. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Hi people, i need help over here. I was playing some old games today and my card show some pink artifacts all over the monitor in Zombie Mode of CoD World At War nearing a windows. Over 2 times. In another match did show more artifacts for a few seconds in game. I was recently upgraded to 19.5.2 and W10 1903 May update. Its an R7 250x. So thinking could be drivers because was totally fine with 19.5.1 i rolled back, tested again and everything fine. A couple hours later, playing WoW the system hang out complete with artifacts all over the screen. I restarted, it was booting but black screen. I dissasemble all the cpu, cleaned all the dust, change thermal paste on the Gpu, plugin all back in and now is showing like this, i can log in Windows but only show left side the screen with the same colours. I booted with igpu and tried to install drivers, the system freeze in 50% and not login into windows after a restart until i take out gpu, enter with igpu, cleaned amd drivers with DDU. Gpu z its recognizing the card, i even flashed a bios and it remains the same. After all i could read its seems like need reballing or cooking? Think a reballing could bring it back to life? How much could use it in that case until i have money to replace it? Thanks for your time in advance ;)

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    reballing would cost more than the graphics card,
    You can try the bake method, though I would advise against it unless you have a spare toaster oven or something.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You have any screenshot of the artifacts? If its vram card is a history.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

NVM.

Only skimmed through the first lines.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019

5. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
  6. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    I baked it today and it works like it should now :D i hope can hold its own until i get a new gpu in a few months xD

user1 and AlleyViper like this.
  7. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Did you find a site to walk you through the procedure? Did you remove all the plastic plus the fans? How long and at what temperature? Share your success story with some Details .

8. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-bake-your-gpu-for-fun-and-for-profit.437683/ i use this guide, 200° pre-heated oven, put it for 10min remove all i can (heatsink with fan), when 10min was finished i opened the oven a little to get the heat out, a minute later turn it off and opened full. I leave it there until cooled down to ambient temperature. That was my adventure xD