GPU Monitor Vista Sidebar Gadget Available

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by stangowner, Feb 15, 2009.

1. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    Thx for the gadget works for me vista 32 bit riva tuner 2.11 4870x2

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    I have posted a version 1.1 on the M$ site here. The download here on Guru3D should be updated soon as well.

This is a minor update which includes the following:
    • Fixed a rare XML encoding issue for certain hardware monitors on select display adapters (degree symbol in the monitor title)
    • Fixed an issue where long display adapter names in the title would overlap the temperature bar - example: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1)
    • Fixed a few typos
    ** no new functionality was released in this update

I'm almost done developing Version 2.0. I've pretty much rewritten the whole gadget. So I'd actually like to have an official beta this time. If you're interested, please send me a PM or an email to the address listed in the gadget. I expect to have the beta version available in 2 weeks or so.

Thanks,
    Nick

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is there a fix for this gadget for win7 x64
    i have rivatuner installed but when i start the gadget up

it says : Could not read XML Data.

its the same error you would get if you didnt start up rivatuner..

is there a script i can edit, as its possible the GPU monitor doesnt know where the xml file is on Win 7

there must be a fix lol

Edit:
    Ignore me, 1.1 version fixed it ;P

cheers mate.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. Shmeeg

Shmeeg New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870 512mb
    Settings not being saved

Hi guys,

This site has helped solve many problems with my computer in the past whilst browsing the forums and I'm hoping you can help with this one.

GPU monitor is by far the best monitoring tool out there, I love the way it combines everythin so you dont need oddly coloured gadgets tellin you different things, anyway...

I'm using rivatuner 2.24 and Everest to get all of my sensor data, using 3 gpu monitors to display GPU, CPU and HD stuff. However, when I shut down or restart, the settings for the 3 instances all seem to copy each other, example:
    Using one instance to show HD temps, page file and memory usage, now when I restart, all 3 instances will have the same boxes ticked and will all show HD temps page file and mem usage...

Hope this makes sense and looking forward to any (helpful ;D) responses.

P.s. The names of the bars that you can edit (core temperature \shadercore --> Shader Temp) also reset.

P.p.s. Posted here aswell
    (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3099431#post3099431), wasnt sure which thread was being monitored more

5. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Yes, this thread was for version 1.0 and 1.1. Very little code from 1.x was used in 2.0, so it should not experience the issues mentioned in this thread.

This is the new thread for version 2.x.

I'll answer you questions in the other thread shortly.

6. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Cheers I will get this downloaded when I get home from football. I am a big fan of the 1.x version of the gadget. My only concern is the lack of an ability to monitor the temprature of a socket 939 chip. I have used realtemp rivatuner plugin for my e8400 but my second computer uses an older 939. If anybody knows a way to get 939 chips to work on this program then please let me know! Good work stangowner!

7. Stratisphere

Stratisphere New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GeForce 9500
    Missing something?

i got the sidebar but the instructions are a little vague. the examples in the instructions look so nice but i dont get how they're able to have so many functions. in my general tab, i only have 4 displays: core clock domain, core clock shader, memory clock, and core temperature. how do i add like fan speed and fan duty cycle and cpu/gpu usage and all that good stuff shown in the instructions examples. is it because my gpu doesnt support those functions? or am i missing something? thx

8. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Hi,

You can view some more info in the videos here. In particular, look at:
    Hardware Monitor->Plugins
    Hardware Monitor->3rd Party Plugins
    and Hardware Monitor->Sidebar Gadget

BTW - this thread is for version 1.x. Version 2.x has its own thread here.

9. batttlezone

batttlezone New Member

GPU:
    sapphire 4890 toxic
    So I have used rivatuner before, and im trying to use the GPU monitor sidebar gadget, and it says it failed to connect to rivaturner, and that i need to activate the low level hardware monitoring system; and i know where i need to go to in rivatuner to enable that, which is like the little ram stick thing, but with i click the button to open up the tab that has the buttons in it, the ram looking button is not there. I only have the color screen, and the gray screen showing in the buttons, tab, any thoughts on how to enable low level monitoring so that i can use my gadget, or even how to make that button show up? i am using the sapphire radeon 4890 toxic's with the newest driver ATI has released. any idea on how to fix this would be great.

10. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X