GPU Monitor Gadget 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by stangowner, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Does it support ATI 5xxx series?

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
  3. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Version 2.3 has been released. Updates for this version include:

• Small/Large size (docked/undocked in Vista)
    • Transparency (requires Aero theme)
    • Value translation
    • Purge monitor list
    • Updated hardware acceleration bar (removed D3D & D3D8, added D3D11)
    Here is a preview of the size and transparency options
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

You can download the new version here on Guru3D, or in the Gallery once Microsoft gets around to approving it.

- Nick

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  4. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    how to install using the extracted rar file? i click on the exe, nothings happen

5. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Two of these features may require explanation, so I created a quick reference guide for the gadget settings. Please also use the Instructions tab and tool-tips in the settings for more information.

1. Refresh Interval - How often the gadget updates its values from RivaTuner.
    2. Background Color - The background color of the gadget and the flyout. *NEW Transparency available
    3. Border Color - The color used for the border of the gadget and flyout. *NEW Transparency available
    4. Gadget Instance - It is possible to run up to 10 instances of this gadget. This specifies which configuration is used to draw the current gadget. If you are only running one gadget, leave this as 0. If you add a second gadget, change this to 1 and configure as needed. Repeat as necessary. To restore a gadget that you have previously configured, select the instance number and click load. NOTE: One of the active gadgets must be instance 0, otherwise no gadgets will refresh their data.
    5. Adapter for Title - Select the video card to use for the text in the gadget title. Optionally, you can select none to remove the title, or custom to manually specify the title text. If you use custom, you can add html tags in the text. For instance, use "NVIDIA GeForce<br>GTX 280" to force the line wrap to be after GeForce.
    6. Text Color - Specifies the color used for the text in the title.
    7. Title Border - Select this option to display a border around the gadget title.
    8. Border Color - Specifies the color of the title border if enabled.
    9. Temp Scale - Specify if temperature readings should be displayed in Celcius or Fahrenheit.
    10. Title Text Color - Default color used for all data source names.
    11. Value Text Color - Default color used for all data source readings.
    12. Units Text Color - Default color used for all data source units.
    13. Grid Line Color - Default color used for grids for all data sources being displayed with a graph style.
    14. Header Color - Default color used for the background of all data sources displaying a header. *NEW Transparency available
    15. Header Text Color - Default color used for the text and border of all data sources displaying a header.
    16. Display Filter - A list of all data sources being monitored by RivaTuner. Deselect any monitors you do not want to have displayed in the gadget. NOTE: Deselecting a monitor here does not prevent RivaTuner from querying it or displaying it in other places (systray, LCD, OSD, etc.). It only removes it from the gadget.
    17. *NEW Purge Monitors - The gadget keeps settings for all data sources, even after they are disabled/removed from RivaTuner. This allows you to maintain your settings in case you enable it again. Because of this, the list of sources in this section, as well as on the advanced tab, can get cluttered with entries you may never use again. This option allows you to remove all of the data sources the gadget is still tracking but are no longer available in RivaTuner.
    18. SideShow Support - This option allows you to use this gadget as a source for Windows SideShow devices. For a complete description of using this features, please reference this post.
    19. Display Style - Select the display option for the Windows SideShow device.
    20. Preview - This area provides a real-time preview of what the selected data source will look like in the gadget. As you change settings, you can preview them here without having to exit the gadget options. NOTE: Text/number settings only update after the cursor leaves that field. All other options change instantly.
    21. Copy/Paste - Once you have configured the current monitor, you may copy this so it can be applied to others. Select the new monitor and click paste. In the Paste Options dialog, select the options you would like applied to the new monitor and click Paste. This allows you to rapidly apply settings to similar monitors.
    22. Select a Monitor - Select the data source you would like to modify from the drop-down. The settings for that monitor will be loaded and you can change as needed.
    23. Display Style - There are currently 19 different styles you can choose from. Select which one suits your needs. NOTE: Some display options may not be available (not applicable) to the selected style.
    24. Icon - Select an icon to use if the current selected style includes an icon in its display.
    25. Title Text - The text used to display the name of the monitor.
    26. Use Default Colors - By default, all monitors use the colors set on the general tab (changing these will affect all monitors). Deselect this option to allow the current monitor to have its own custom defined colors.
    27. Display Header - Select this option to display a header above the current monitor.
    28. Header Text - Select the color to use for the text and border of the header (if enabled).
    29. Divider - Select this option to append a line separator after the current monitor.
    30. *NEW Modify Value - This option allows you to translate the values in RivaTuner before displaying them in the gadget. Available options are: None, Actual*Factor, Actual/Factor, Factor/Actual, Actual+Factor, Actual-Factor, and Factor-Actual where actual is the value in RivaTuner and Factor is a modifier you specify. For instance, if you enable the SysMem.dll plug-in, the values for RAM and Page File usage are specified as MB. If you prefer this to show as percent in the gadget, you can divide the value in RivaTuner by the amount of RAM on your system. For instance, if you have 4 GB of RAM you can select Actual/Factor and then specify 40.96 (4096 MB / 100 to convert to percent) and specify % as the new unit. Now your RAM usage reading would display as 36% instead of 1475MB. Also remember to change your bar limits to reflect the new scale of 0-100.
    31. Bar/Graph Limits/Colors - If using one of the display styles that has a bar or graph, you can specify the upper/lower limits here, as well as the limits the color should change and what colors it should change to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Rename the "GPUMonitor-23-[Guru3D.com].zip" file to "GPUMonitor.gadget". Then double click to install.

We're working on updating the download so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

7. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    alrite, thnx! now it works

8. Perro del Mal!

Perro del Mal! Member

GPU:
    HD5770 Vapor-X Crossfire
    Not working here.

Annnd... working already. Extracted thr .zip into my old gadget monitor folder.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  9. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Thanks for this cool Gadget!
    It works fine here under Windows 7 x64 :)
    What isn't working is the detection if the card is running some DirectX mode and the Framerate. Is this because I'm running 64bit and Ricatuner isn't using a signed driver?

I also have a second GFX card built in, is there a way to make that one also visible?
    I use it only for Physx, so nothing special ;)
    It's a Geforce GT210.

thanks,
    pato

10. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:

11. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Weird, when I installed version 2.24 MSI, my Windows 7 told me that the driver is not signed and thus will be disabled. Also on the Rivatuner site is written that 64bit versions aren't yet fully supported.
    Anyway, all other numbers like GPU clock, memory, fan speed, temp are working, only directx detection isn't. Also Rivatuner doesn't show anything there when I start a game (so I guess it's a Rivatuner issue). My main card is btw. a Geforce GTX260.

thanks
    pato

12. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    When you ran the install, did you say yes to include updates at the end? If not, go back to the install files that are extracted and double click the RivaTuner224MSIMOA2009EditionDrv.rtu file. This is the
    "Signed 64-bit drivers pack v2.24.1.0.0" provided by techpowerup.com.

In the hardware monitoring window in RivaTuner, you'll see the RivaTuner icon (with a little green arrow on it) next to the framerate and hardware acceleration entries. Click that to start the statistics server. Check the sticky for RivaTuner guides for more details if you need.

Many have been running the GTX260 with full functionality. I personally have been running the GTX280 on Windows 7 x64 since Feb 2009 and have not had any issues whatsoever.

13. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Weird weird... I said yes when asked for installing updates. I'll check this evening again, it would be cool if I could also see the FPS and Directx mode :)
    Otherwise it's working great!

14. pbcopter

pbcopter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950 FTW 2GB
    Hi Nick,
    It appears that the allowable length of title text has been shortened in standard view.
    For example E8500 - Frequency in 2.2 displays completely while in 2.3
    only E8500 - is displayed unless I shorten it to E8500 - Frequen
    Was this shortening intentional?
    Thanks,
    Paul

15. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    @stangowner
    Thanks for the tip with the server icon, that did it :)
    Now everything works! :)
    Oh, maybe the signed driver doesn't, but I don't care, because everything does work :)

Thanks,
    pato

16. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Yes and no. Microsoft's recommended font for gadget (the Windows Vista/7 font) does not anti-alias properly when using a transparent background with small fonts. You can see the text looks blurry here. So I'm still using the Segoe UI font for small, large, and large with transparent....but I had to change the font when displaying small with a transparent background.

In 2.2 I was using a mix of 9pt and 10 pt fonts, even though you can't really notice the difference visually. But this causes mis-alignments heightwise in the font being used for small with transparent background. So I changed it all to 10 pt in the small display. You can't really see the difference, but as you mention it could make the string a tiny bit longer and no longer fit. Maybe I'll completely reload the CSS for just the small/transparent for the next version (all 10 pt), and let the small with a colored background work line in 2.2 (mix of 9 & 10).

For now, can't you just use this? It fits fine.
    E8500 Frequency

17. pbcopter

pbcopter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950 FTW 2GB
    Hi Nick,
    Thanks for the response. Yes, no problem. I have already adjusted a number of titles to accommodate the change. I was just wondering.

Paul

18. Nightstorm1

Nightstorm1 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti SLI
    Wonderful tool, small problem

Hi there Stangowner,

I want to start by saying that I really love your gadget. I've been using it since the first version and wouldn't want to run Windows without it. I've come to rely on it for "at a glance" diagnostics. The issue I've come across appears to be a rather significant memory leak in version 2.3 for RivaTuner 2.24c.

I'll explain my set up so it might make it easier to determine if it's a configuration issue or some unknown behavior. I'm running Windows 7 x64 with 12GB DDR3 on a Core i7 920. I very recently got a pair of GTX 480's working in SLI.

I was using MSI Afterburner and your modified version of the plugin with no problems. I finally cured my fan issues I've posted about in other threads. That turned out to be some kind of interference from Everest Ultimate 5.50.

One thing I missed when I switched from RT 2.24c and your gadget to the MSI version was the CoreTemp plugin and the ability to monitor all of the CPU vitals. I know that RT 2.24c doesn't natively support GTX480's but with a couple of edits to the config file hardware monitoring does work. I decided that today I wanted to go back and use RT and the gadget even if it meant it wouldn't read the GPU clocks correctly. I know what their at anyhow so it didn't matter so much.

I got everything configured, two instances of the gadget one with all the CPU info, the other with GPU info. Then the odd stuff began. In a matter of four hours, the two gadgets caused sidebar.exe to consume 9GB of my system memory. I kill side bar and restart and I could watch it clime at a rate of about 1MB every 3 seconds or so. I shut down the two instances of the gadget the memory increase stops.

I just shut down Rivatuner and turned MSI AB back on along with the gadget compiled for it. No memory leak to speak of. Sidebar sitting steady at near it's start up memory usage.

I am by no means trying to disparage your hard work. I love the program and want to continue using it. I just want to bring this to your attention in case there is a more widespread issue. If there isn't perhaps you would be able to shed some light on why this might be happening in my case. I should also point out, that before I got the 480's I had a single GTX 280 and was using the same config of RT and your gadget. I noticed a memory increase there as well, but no where near as drastic as this. It would take about 3 days to use up 6GB. And that was with the same gadget version and the same RivaTuner version.

That makes me wonder what circumstances or software interactions could be causing this.

Thanks for you time.

A fellow Stangowner :)
    '08 Black GT with *a lot* of work done to it heh. More than my wife would like I think. :)

19. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Hi Nightstorm1,

Actually, you are the second person to report this now. Thanks for mentioning. Can you please zip and send me these to the email address listed in the gadget.

folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\GPUMonitor
    file: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\GPUMonitor. log
    file: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s Sidebar\Settings.ini

Also, can you please try what resolved it for the first user. You can find that here.

I'll take a look at your files as well as continuing to look at his to see if I can find the problem.

BTW -I picked this name way back in like 1997 with my first AOL dial-up account. The first 10-15 names I tried were take....go figure. For some reason I have just stuck with it. I've had as many as 3 at one time, but currently only have a 89 GT Convertible. It runs 11.56@116 and is still streetable :D

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  20. Nightstorm1

Nightstorm1 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti SLI
    Hi there,

I set everything back up like I had it, identified that the problem returned and emailed you the files. I then tried what you suggested and it seems to have worked. I changed all of the settings back to the way I had them and still good. Memory is holding steady.

Thanks a lot :)