1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU Monitor Gadget 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by stangowner, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Beast1023

Beast1023 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4860, 1GB
    I replaced the default config file with the one from the link you gave me. Riva Tuner started up but I was still unable to run the monitoring software. I'm assuming it might be do to the fact that I have the Radeon 4800series and the file was for the Radeon 4700series?

2. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    No, that config has been updated for the 4800 series too (at least some of it).

Can you please open the device manager and open the properties for the display adapter? On the "Details" tab, select "Hardware Ids"

Your card should be listed listed as "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_####"? Can you tell me what the #### value is?

3. Beast1023

Beast1023 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4860, 1GB
    The value is 9462. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.

4. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    Others have added 4890 support by changing line 119 from "RV770 = 9440h-9443h,944Ch" to "RV770 = 9440h-9442h,944Ch,9460h". 9460 is the device ID for the Radeon 4890. So you should be able to add 9462h as well. So your final line may read:

RV770 = 9440h-9442h,944Ch,9460h,9462h

I'm providing you this info, but do with it what you want. The 4860 and 4890 are based on the R790 GPU, not the R770. I have no idea if this matters or not. If you are not comfortable changing this, then wait for RT 2.25 which will probably have native support. The 4860 was released late in the 4xxx series. If you do decide to try it, let me know if it works for you :)

5. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hi Nick... Is it possible to add an option to select the direction of the bars movements.?
    Example.. Im using gadget to monitor the HHD's. At the moment the direction of movement is Right to left the more files that are added to drive. Is it possible to change so when more files are added to drive the bars move Left to right.? Am i making sense here?

6. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    I think I know what you mean. You're showing free space, and want to see used space (like in Windows Explorer). So for instance, if you have a 500 GB drive with 100 GB on it, then you are showing a bar that is 80% full, because it is 80% free space. You want an option that allows you to invert that (100% - actual) so it shows as 20%. Right?

7. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Spot on dude.. Would have helped if i explained it clearer...LOL

8. Perro del Mal!

Perro del Mal! Member

GPU:
    HD5770 Vapor-X Crossfire
    Hi there stangowner. I've been using your gadget for a while now and so far, it's been excellent, however, after recently plugging another monitor to my GTX 260 (just for kicks)... the gadget simply stopped registering any values. Background monitoring through Rivatuner works as usual, but I can't get the gadget to do the same. Any ideas?

9. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    I can't imagine why adding another monitor would cause a problem with the gadget. Are you sure nothing else on the system changed?

Can you tell me if GPUMonitor.exe is in the process list? If not, please run it manually from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\GPUMonitor.gadget\GPUMonitor.exe"?

If it is running already, then close the gadget, rename the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\GPUMonitor" folder and reopen the gadget.

Let me know how you make out.

10. Perro del Mal!

Perro del Mal! Member

GPU:
    HD5770 Vapor-X Crossfire
    Well, the process wasn't there. Turns out, it wasn't anywhere else. Couldn't find the .exe at all. I forgot to mention, the same day also swapped RAM's, and had a couple boot misfires (had to dial down OC to boot, and then set new BIOS values). My best guess, something got corrupted. I unistalled the gadget via Control Panel, downloaded it again, and now it's back, running like a dream. Thanks Stangowner, and keep up the good work.

11. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hey Stangonwer,

Take alook here. This dude has taken your GPU Monitor name , you may also want to check out his code as he been known to pirate programmers coding..

12. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the heads up!

I've actually looked as his code in other gadgets of his for the same concern. He is not taking my code. In this one, he is using a dll from http://www.orbmu2k.de/ in conjunction with nTune libraries to get the values for the gadget. So no piracy going on.

However, he definitely took the name. So not only is he trying to tap into the momentum we've made over the past 12 months, the sidebar actually prompts you to overwrite mine:
    "You currently have a version of GPUMonitor.gadget installed. Do you want to replace it with GPUMonitor.gadget 1.0?

I've reported him to M$ and asked that they force him to rename the gadget.

13. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hi Strangonwer..

All good. cant have some ????head taping onto my favorite gadget. wasn't sure about the code side hence why i said he MAY. But stealing the idea is not good. Its sounds like your on top if it now so that's all good.. How you getting on with the latest version?

14. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    Good. I'm pretty much done with the majority of the changes. The transparency thing actually caused more work than I anticipated. There is one more feature I need to add, then I just need to do some testing.

15. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Looking forward to it.

16. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hi Stangowner,

Did you get my PM.?

Seems like the dude who ripped of the GPU Gadget name has got himself in trouble with someone.. HERE Read the third comment.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  17. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, I got the PM. I'll send you something in the next few days.

I also saw that comment the day it was posted. I was just sitting by to see if/what happens. Thanks for the heads up though.

It's not like "GPU Monitor" is a brand name or anything. I have no rights to it. I just thought it was cheesy for him to use it, especially considering it tries to overwrite this one. M$ should really have a check on upload for unique names (they never replied to me).

18. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    I hear you on the rights to name.. But the fact that the dude never checked and that it over writes your work is not on. Futher more M$ not taking action is a bit of a puzzle to me.

19. Perro del Mal!

Perro del Mal! Member

GPU:
    HD5770 Vapor-X Crossfire
    Hi again Stangowner. Need a few pointers here, since I've come to rely on your gadget as my main HUD to check almost everything. It simply stopped working; I can't seem to find the process anywhere, and can't run it from the Appdata folder since the .exe is not there. The gadget seems to load fine, but it's stuck and won't update any values. Is there some way I can fix this? I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 64. Thanks in advance.

20. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    The .exe is not there? Know what happened to it?

You'll have to reinstall the gadget to get the .exe back. The gadget won't update without it running.

Also, keep an eye on this thread. I uploaded version 2.3 a week ago, just waiting for Microsoft to approve it still. I'll mention it in this thread when it is approved.