GPU Boot issue...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Alexraptor, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Been having a few random boot issues with two of my graphics cards, a GTX 280 and a 9800GTX+.

It has happened a few random times in the morning and "only" the first time in the morning when booting the system up, that my AwarBIOS gives a 1 long and 3 short beep error code with blank screen, indicating Vid-card failure.
    When i press the reset button the system boots up perfectly and there are no more issues for the rest of the day.

Anyone know whats going on here? Because ive replaced my PSU that was leaking electrolyte and upgraded my motherboard.
    It occured on my GTX 280 on the old board and PSU and on my 9800GTX+ on the new board and PSU, all required cables are connected properly.
    So like i said, its only happened a couple of times now, and only during the first boot attempt of the day.(i turn my PSU completely off over night)

Has me kind of puzzled here. :bang:

2. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    i take it,s a 780 chipset then cos i had similar issues wot i did was removed a stick of ram and changed it to another slot might not work for you but it did me hope it helps..

3. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010