Gotham Knights

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStr4ngelove, Aug 19, 2020.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Anyone in the UK looking to buy a PS5 + WD SN850 1TB for £550? Barely used, I'd say I played about 10 hours of Elden Ring on it and never touched it again. Comes with the original box.

F*ck gaming these days man, I swear to god the best games I played in the recent years were games I can run on any PC, Factorio, Necesse, Terraria, Valheimm and RimWorld.

All these AAA game releases make me puke. Go buy a PS5 to play a game at 30fps. WTF is this?

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If you are being serious about wanting to sell the console try this subforum.

https://forums.guru3d.com/forums/for-sale-buy-or-trade.12/

GoldenTiger likes this.
  3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Unoptimized PoS..Give us a new Batman game or GTFO.

4. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    Dying Light 2 and 2077 showed me that I should wait for patches. They will likely improve performance on this, they have to. Give 'em time.

(I'm OK with it not being a Batman game... there's only so much one can do with him over and over again)

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    That's fine, but they shouldn't name it "Batman Gotham xxxxx" and then pretend to be surprised when gamer expectations aren't fulfilled.

6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    OK, so where do you get the Batman from?
    Clearly in the marketing it instantly says "Batman is dead"

7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    LOL my bad! Some idiot named the thread wrong!

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    Hah, that's funny (insert Joker laugh)..but of course the game also changed during development..

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  9. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

I gather the story is supposed to be good, so I might get it on sale eventually if they fix up the performance just for that.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    50% gpu usage at 4k maxed graphics and 90fps avg?!! weird crap tbh

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Already with a peak of 23,994 concurrent players. And a user score of 54%.
    Much better games don't get all these players.

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  13. Cronik

Cronik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)OC'd
  14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    With that crappy performance, you better leave motion blur on!

15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I get the impression that this game went through multiple iterations during its development.. Or didn't have a clear focus of what it wanted to be.

" Lets make a single player game just as we did Batman Arkham Origins " Queue a year or more of wasted dev time. Then, opinions change cause of something... Lets make a live service game, make it co-op. Queue a year or wasted dev time and changes to combat, map etc. Oh, Live service games are unpopular and Marvels Avengers flopped? Quick, make it single player.
    The deadline is how close? God damn it. Stay on course, and ship it anyway. Single player + Co-op, but keep the live service grind in the game, we don't have time to change it, it'll be fine.

The game seems to be an odd amalgamation of all kinds of popular game trends of the last 5-ish years combined haphazardly / Frankenstein into one... Its not an incompetent game studio, they've made good stuff, Arkham Origins at least knew what it wanted to be from the beginning to end. But this is a Single player / Co-op game with the grind of a liveservice game with no Microtransactions, but an identical " cash shop " as Marvels Avengers (etc). I'm more curious about the behind the scenes of this development, more then the game itself.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Kinda strange self own.... lol..

You could always change it?

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  17. Cronik

Cronik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)OC'd
    Most of the negative reviews are because of the performance and a lot mention that they're only getting 40-50% GPU usage while playing at 4k and above but most of these people are claiming to have high-end rigs. I'm more interested in the 1080p and 1440p performance with RX 6600 XT's, RX 6700 XT's, RTX 3060 TI's, and RTX 3070's tbh for obvious reasons. Even with 3080 Ti's and 4090's 4k and above performance shouldn't be expected to 60+ FPS all the time.

So when are they going to do a modern Batman game set in the future with Terri Mcginuous anyway?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  18. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I dont care really xD. I think i copied the title from the early teasers so it was actually advertised like that before they got rid of the 'Batman' in front.

But then ... they also have a Bat silhouette in the icon.

Doesnt matter really - it's not the game i had imagined so i'm not gonna buy/play it anyway. It will be on sale soonish and be forgotten in a year or so, im pretty sure of that.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The world premier trailer from 2 years ago is called just "Gotham Knights"...

Maybe it was because of the comic book series, which is called "Batman: Gotham Knights" ?

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Batman Arkham Knight is having a beer right now!