Got myself a new laptop with a ryzen 3700u on the way!!!

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Deleted member 271771, May 5, 2019.

1. Been wanting to get a new work laptop for a while......nothing to fancy, just something to use in the field. Ordered a dell inspiron 15 5000 with a 3700u ($662.00 minimally equipped). Then ordered an Evo 970 plus 1TB and 32 gigs of ram for it another $450. Can't wait to get it all, gonna be a pretty bad little lappy for not much money. Should be plenty fast for slutty slave field computer.

Keitosha and SpajdrEX like this.
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    May I ask why 32 GB ram?

Deleted member 271771 likes this.
  3. Just because really. I suppose I can max out frame buffer for igpu. I have been know to fool around with ram drives, VM's, and fancy caching setups. At $200 bucks for 32 gigs of ram, it couldn't hurt. I would love to give a real reason, but just because really. Because my plain AMD laptop will be just a little more awesome than that plain Intel laptop.

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I have to ask: that SSD you ordered, it's plain SATA or NVMe?
    Because if it's NVMe, that's an insane deal and an badass notebook.
    Not that the former is a bad deal, don't get me wrong.

Deleted member 271771 likes this.

5. Yeah man, nvme. Prices have really come down. 1tb samsung evo 970 plus for $247 US.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
  6. Its coming tomorrow!!!!! Got a clients new laptop at the house too, can't wait to see how they stack up against each other. His is an 8750h i7 with 16 gigs of ram and a 512 nvme ssd and 1050ti. Should be a good showdown. Obviously the apu won't keep up with 1050ti, but should at least being in swatting range. More interested in how the cpu's stack up against each other.

7. Its here....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't wait to pull out stock ssd and ram, put in my fly new gear, and install LTSC.

Keitosha and chispy like this.
  8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Do you know that a kitten dies for each day for not sharing pictures and more tech info of your new laptop?

9. Lol, really? It's just a work laptop. Runs great though. About like you would expect a laptop with fast storage to run. It runs lots of nmap and inssider.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Laptops are my sweet spot, after desktops.
    And laptops with NVMe drives are something I would love to tinker.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019