got bit by a spider, not good so far

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Renegade8100, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    ROTFL! :bigsmile:

2. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    That was no spider that bit him!

3. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    god damn head crabs

4. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    ROLF!!!!!!!!!
    >_> thank god i live in new york city aka the bronx. we dont have those here only big ass rats and water bugs. but you need to go to a doctor soon because if it bite you and it was kinda big then you dont want to lose a arm or a leg do you.
    also if you have this then its pretty much nothing but still better want to check that out man before things get bad.
    [​IMG]

5. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    After reading both reads and lol quite a few times I thought I would mention a few things.

First, a Brown Recluse spider only lives in dark, damp, and warm areas that are very undisturbed. Im talking old barns, abandoned buildings (without the crack/meth addicts), anywhere PEOPLE aren't normally. In your house? Not likely unless you are living out in the little house on the prairie or a cabin in the woods (yes I still vaguely remember what you did quite a few summers ago). So, I highly doubt you were bit by a brown recluse.

Secondly, nice to see that you 'redacted' your license plate number. I could have (though I wouldnt because it wouldnt be a lawful use) run the plate to verify that it was in fact your car, but Im sure you would change your stay and say it was your aunties second cousin thrice removed friend's fiance's dog's vehicle that you were borrowing at the time.

Also, if we really wanted to, and really cared that much (which we don't) we could just go onto google maps and use that whole new street viewer to verify that that picture location is not even close to what you would claim. But thats just assuming you live in a big city or that you would even tell the truth where this occured at.

Hearing all the whoppers thus far it sounds like if we did say "look here street view proves this picture a fake" you would probably say something like "well I was driving there, then I got sucked up into a wormhole that temporarly transported me over the brumuda triangle 10000 feet in the air and luckily I saw this special on the discovery about worm holes and was able to press the brake 5 times, honk the horn 7, and when I rolled down the windows I opened a new wormhole that I flew through which transported me back in time and I ran into Amlia Earhearts air plane (I think I killed her lol?) with my Boniville which resynced my quantum flux sending me back into my own time but not where I was originally but in X location where the picture was taken, my cooworker flew all the way after they heard what happened and snapped this picture."

I think you just had a bad LSD trip and fell down the stairs and brusied your wrist.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hey Amilia Earheart Rox haha :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Haha, spot on Stukov.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    sry bussness use only,just leave a message at the house phone
    really thuo he did get messed up from the wreck so dont go there.
    and that was his car,not his anties lol
    i think better word is hypo-con-dre-act,plus when you get bit by a spyder it sometimes gives hal-lu-sin-a-tions:) and you get racey, paranoid and feels like you took some crasy drugs----no lie

9. Death X

Death X Active Member

GPU:
    VisionTek 4870 X2 2GB
    Last week while doing my weekly all night gaming session and having a few cold Shiner Bocks. I thought I got bitten by a spider myself on one of my toes. But in my numb and drunken state of mind, I didn't notice it until the next morning. Unlike Renegade8100 I made a doctor's appointment right away. The doctor told me by the looks of the wound, I got stung by one of these that are fairly common down here in Texas.

[​IMG]

Three or four days of pain and trobbing was all I had to deal with. Luckliy these little bastards aren't poisonous.

10. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550

No hospitals here are only required to TREAT you. Then they send your bill in the mail, nothing is free over here.

11. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    America in the future will be like one of those science fiction films where even the government is a coroporation, and everything is based off credits. If you've got no insurance, you die... i **** you not.

Thank god for the NHS

12. Andrés

Andrés Guest

I don't want to install a specific debate about this, but if the USA has won 91 Nobel prizes in medicine, there must be something good in its health care system.

13. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    Oh no don't get me wrong, Healthcare is great (at certain places) its just the bill that is outrageous! And they are great at ripping off insurance companies.

i.e. (not actual figures but close)

Xray out of pocket no insurance ~100-150

Xray Insurance pays ~250-300

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    how much insurrance do you pay each month ?

i pay about 120 euro ffs.
    and ofcourse i never need it (so far)

15. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    I don't know about the rest of the US but there are plenty of free clinics here where I live. If you are low income they are completely FREE.

My wife and I were not married when we had our first child so she qualified for a government program called WIC (Women & Infant Care). We didn't pay anything for all of her prenatal care or the birth of my son - it was 100% and covered bi WIC. The total bill was over $8,000

While US health care system is far from perfect, excellent health care is available in most places and if you can't afford it there are numerous state & government programs you can apply for to help get the care you need. It does require doing a little research to find out whats assistance is available and what you qualify for.

All of this talk about the poor US people not having adequate health care is just a bunch of bullox. The main problem lies with those people who don't make enough money to pay for their own health care plan but make to to much to qualify for assistance. I was in that situation for many years and it was definitely a hardship for my family and something does need to be to help those people.

Many Americans can afford health care but willingly choose to spend the money on other material things. That's their choice and I have no sympathy for them when they have health problems and have no way to pay. Hospitals are always willing to set up a payment plan if necessary and they are not allowed by law to charge any penalties interest on the money owed.

I hear people who live in countries with socialized medicine say they get "free health care". Then fact is that your paying for it through your ridiculously high taxes and in many cases the care is substandard to what we have here in the US.

The fact is the so called "poor people" in the USA are among the wealthiest poor people in the world.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    same here when i had my son estima8tor
    funny thing was she was fine after a day or so no complacations,but the doctors had her there for 5 days?
    that said i pay 640us a month for my plan now but never ever go to see a doctor anyway but i never know if when my fat ass will have a heart attack.

17. clintonius

clintonius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512
    So, eh, what caused the three or four days of pain and throbbing?

18. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ehm.. The scorpion? The part you *snipped* out?

19. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550

yeah what you describe is, how it is up here just i was referring to the fact that the healthcare inst just "free" you have to apply for those programs, it isnt just "there", and the one statement about porr people being rich, the only thing that makes them poor here is prices of everything combined, ill take my mom for example:

She is disabled(5 heart attacks long list of back problems) and she receives 681.00/month! thats it. she pays 475/mo rent, electric, cheapest cable package, phone, and heating expenses. she get some public assistance to cover food 170/mo. but its not much, its not that she chooses to be poor, unfortunately her health made her that way.

20. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244

That isn't anywhere near reality. Five years ago I lived in St. Louis and my boss's 3-year-old daughter was bitten by a brown recluse and briefly hospitalized. They lived in an apartment building in Brentwood.

Anecdotal, granted. But that's what happened.