Got a good deal..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PSILOCYBIN, Dec 7, 2005.

1. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    :| 4.0 on a 820 wow im impressed :|

as for SLI yeah, with a dual p4 on 4.0 you should be able to handle just about any SLI config out there, save maybe the 7800GTX512's (hell, even a fx57 would bottleneck those monsters)

2. PSILOCYBIN

PSILOCYBIN Active Member

GPU:
    evga 7800GT @ 480/1250
    Just realized I am only getting temps on core 0. Would it be a big deal to not see temps on core 1? I also had to relax the RAM timings because of the FSB OC. New RAM next. Also thinking about this.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375 My 19 Trinitron CRT is kinda old for this machine. LOL

3. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    nah, i gues that with everything packed thightly into the cpu package using the same Vcore at the same speeds, temps are very likely to be the same

4. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    Good Deal ;) that is a superb rig u got

5. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Physicly speaking, both cores are pretty much right next to each other on the chip. The temperature difference is minimal and negligable, so no worries.

Also, for monitors, you might want a widescreen. I know i do! Im thinking either a dell 2405 or 2500. Its probably the only time ive ever said "wow" to something made by dell lol.

6. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    4 GHz on an 820? Nice... Still, for gaming there's better options (as Vicious has said a few times...)