Goodbye Catalyst Control Center :D

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shankly1985, Nov 2, 2015.

1. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB

It's magic for older games GTA 3/Vice/San Andreas, Richard Burns Rally...nothing can came even close to RGSSAA. 3dfx legacy lives on! :)

2. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    get off your butt and make it work simple fix or do what i did and buy a 4k monitor they are very cheap i got mine for 200$

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    3dfx forevar! Hail, 3dfx! Hail, Voodoo! :D

4. evolucion888

evolucion888 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 64 LC
    The issue is that nVidia's DSR implementation uses shaders, so it offers more flexibility with support but offers a bigger impact in performance, AMD's solution relies totally on the scaler which is essentially free from impact in performance (Of course you will get the normal performance impact when rendering high resolutions) but albeit with more restrictions regarding resolution support.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's how it is now, even Microsoft have done it with Windows 8/10.
    I much prefer the simple Win32 design we're used to without the fancy animations and humongeous controls.

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The question remains:

Where are the drivers you said you use to have 4K VSR in your 290X?

I didn't know my butt was the cause AMD blocked 4K VSR in their drivers for 290(X)!

Thanks to inform us!

I always thought it was a commercial decision, "non-butt" involved.

:D

Simple fix?

This is a simple fix: AMD please unlock the posible 4K VSR resolution for 290(X) in your drivers as modded drivers did untril you voluntary BLOCK IT BETTER.

A 4K monitor is not a "fix" for the inexistent 4K VSR feature in drivers, it's simply real 4K resolution in a 4K monitor.

Buying new AMD GPU hardware who is not locked like 285/380 or new fury series, switching to Nvidia or buying a 4K monitor is not a simple fix.

7. ohmerx

ohmerx Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    The new "game manager" just add the ".exe" autodetect and then you have acces to the same settings like you have on the actual ccc for the game it's nothing like a "geforce Experience" or a "raptr" it will not autoconfig your game settings.

The only new stuff i see is the per game OC setting.

Don't expect new features too much but people was waiting a new ccc for years so thx amd.

8. WarDocsRevenge

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    it was a super simple fix but your whining is noticed and proved pointless move on

9. How do you enable 4k VSR on a 290(x)?

10. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    He already said it: he bought a 4K monitor.

Simple solution for an ARTIFICIAL software limitation: buy new hardware.

:D

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    A super simple solution for adding 4K VSR is to buy a 4K monitor? Interesting.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    15.3-15.5 modded drivers were great but there is no "wallet free" solution right now for 290(X) 4K VSR.

AND NO: buying a 4K monitor is not a valid solution to lack of 4K VSR, it's simply 4K resolution send to a 4K monitor. :D

14. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    God, that would be a dream come true.

Who knows? I guess that the first iteration won't offer that much new in terms of functionality, but I do hope that, in time, they start listening to their users and roll out new features inside their driver software suite.

By the way, the fact that it will supposedly start up 10 times faster than CCC is a bonus for all of us :)

PS: Wagarnd, something tells me that you're going to need to adapt DDU to this new driver thing :p

15. WarDocsRevenge

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire

16. WarDocsRevenge

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
  17. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Artificial limitation in any area of human activity considering that this activity have moral and civil rights to do so will be self-destructive for civilization. Mark my words! :D

18. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
  19. WarDocsRevenge

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    having any sort of opinion on the net these days get's you threats and stupid reply it's sad how far the world has fallen from grown to be smarter more intelligent to a world of fools) and to the kids( like most i got sick of waiting on amd VSR fix and others and went with the best option a new monitor if you don't like it to bad for you go live your life and leave your little brown nose out of mine

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The fact that drivers add some Raptr "features" like social connectors doesn't mean Raptr is shutdown or "unbundled" from drivers package.

As we know Raptr is not owned by AMD, it's only a partner and John work for them not for AMD so the posibilty to see John working on drivers is still a dream.

Faster driver software GUI is great but i think other things are more needed like some basic features, the apparent more wide range for FPS cap is a move in the right direction.