Good run in CAL

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Steroids, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Steroids

Steroids Master Guru

GPU:
    #justdecoration
    Game. Set. Match. :bolt:

After last night's dreadful game, it seems that our CAL season is done. We've lost 3 Americans of the team, and now it seems almost useless to continue the season. When I get home and talk to all of you when I get back, we'll decide (as a team) the fate of pro-z. I apologize for the recent events, but after playing in the fire match, I don't want to be mean, but I have little faith. Talk to you all later.

2. Joss

Joss Member

Well since nobody has replied to this i think ill say abit.

If me, fogg and logic were to play, it would of been at 2am.

Thats is almost impossible for logic and fogg as they have just started college.

I was already asleep by 11pm as i was awake at 6am that morning.

It seems to me that joining cal was a waste of time.

Most members are from europe so theres 2 reasons why thats stupid:

1) It would mean we were playing at 2am so really were not playing our best
    2) Our pings are already 150ms when playing.. we cant hit jack with that.

Thats not good for europe players considering there is more of us.

Also it seems kinda childish that you have bailed out of Pro-Z at the first sign of trouble.

And to be honest with you.. what was the logic behind pro-z i thought we were guru3d!?

3. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    To respond to this, although I am no longer a member of Guru3D, my friend played the match 2 nights ago (Koopa) and I was depressed, as was he at the lack of effort many players put forward. I agree 100% with Steroids at the loss in faith. A few players did not play well at all, that's completely acceptable, but to defiantly deny orders from steroids in a match is wrong. He was team leader because he knew what was best and it's your duty as a player to respect the team leader (I sure as hell respect mine and I'll do what he says as long as it's completely not out of line or out of order).

It was the least organized thing I've ever seen. Blatantly ignoring calls means there's a lack of respect between members and such.

GL to you guys finding other teams, I know Stab found one.

The Brits have nothing to be ashamed about, none of you played this match so it pertains to none of you.

4. Foggin

Foggin Member

Just cause 3 americans have gone, we all gotta bail out now.

If they wanna go then let them it just shows who is dedicated and who isnt and by looking at your post just looks like your one who doesnt care right now.

Aint you supposed to sick with your team when you go through a rough patch? not omfg we lost lets all join diff teams.

Also when you have college at 9am and have to wake up at 6am, its very hard to play and when i do play i wouldnt be playing my best. Same goes for logic and right now his A-Levels mean alot to him and what if we did stay up and we lost then? would you stil of left? =\

Oh hang on am i missing something, wasnt that PRESEASON?

5. Joss

Joss Member

Ive said from day one there is too many members BLAINTENTLY ignoring leaders orders but it just gets ignored.

I have no sympathy at all about sterioids leaving, he was leader and should of sorted those who ignored him and those who didnt. Instead it was just a case of ZOMG lets join CAL under a name no one knows.. under a team that nobody praticed with and win. Its rediculous!

Everyone knows in order to win a friendly or a serious match it takes time and plenty or prep. not just throw everything together and expect to win.

Theres still plenty of people in guru.. we aint bailing and looking for a other teams.

6. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    He actually left Guru3D before the rest... just to clarify. He pointed out the problems too.

7. mcBu113t

mcBu113t Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX @635/1540/1060

how about we just give it a rest and pass for this season

theres plenty more seasons and maybe we can get things sorted out and reform then

8. Steroids

Steroids Master Guru

GPU:
    #justdecoration
  9. Steroids

Steroids Master Guru

GPU:
    #justdecoration
    Oh, and by the way, I'm not quitting the team because of any of the Europeans on the team. Trust me, I respect your schedules and I tried my hardest to get this match at a reasonable hour. Also, it's kind of hard to be successful in CAL when there are only 2 Americans on the team and the majority of team is European. Trust me, I'm not "bailing" because of anyone's skill, and also, I made pro-z not to hide from anything. I was the leader, and people followed without arguments. I agree that CAL is maybe not the easiest for everyone. And, no, I am not bailing because of the "first sign of troublez." It is just way too hard to rebound after losing most of your starters. That's my opinion, thread closed, please.

10. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    hey come on guys lest just leave it that and leave with no hard feelings...we were a clan and we are all friends so lets keep it that way....im always around with anyone who still wants to play some friendly CS.

11. Joss

Joss Member

So why join an american league.. why not join a UK one.

12. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Have you guys considered enemy down? Its mostly european teams, and very well run.

13. Foggin

Foggin Member

yeah i said why not join that before, but nothing happend about it :).. looks pretty easy too

14. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Well... establish a leader, start recruiting and go crazy ;)
    Sitting here in a forum and talking about it isn't gonna get anywhere.

15. ubermicro

ubermicro Member

maybe you should stick with twl?

16. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia 9800 GTX 512M
    If you want my two cents, what you guys need is more organization. I really never saw any potential to this. Having SolarCurve become the leader initially because he won a couple pub scrubs was never a good idea, especially when the guy with real talent, Corrupt, was taking orders from SC. There is no reason a pubbie should be leader and quite frankly I think things went to hell after that. Members need to have a real leader to get them in shape, and e-drama has to be kept to a minimum. There has been so much drama here with PieofLight and various other e-faggots that its become more of a flame and spam forum then anything else. In order to be successful competitively you have to be well respected int he public eye. SolarCurve's less than stellar attitude and all the crap you guys flung back and forth at w/e the hell that clan was called is NOT the way real clans conduct themselves. You have to try and move beyond the pubstar nonsense and get your team in order. I never once saw any real scrims or matches, just pubbing, hack accusations at the lowest skill levels, and other such forms of nonsense.

Anyway, thats my two cents. I'm going to be playing UT3 competitively. Not sure with who yet, but I'm going to be training with a couple of top tier players. I'm definitely not going to be playing with SolarCurve though. Like I said before, letting a pub scrub with less than stellar abilities and zero competitive experience lead your clan is mistake number one. I suggest all of you open up and start improving if you ever want to make a CAL presence at all. This means not just plucking any member you see of a pub and having them join. Get into an active scrim cycle with other clans. Get a dedicated game and vent server. A solid foundation will help.

Honestly I enjoyed my time with you guys and although I'm no longer a member, I would hate to see G3D fold for good, especially with solid guys like Satan. However, if its not meant to be its not meant to be. Running a successful clan is hard work; it takes more than a couple of tags and a forum.

/end rant

17. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    We actually have a 50man max codec vent that I pay for... not dedicated to you guys, but you still have admin and access to it... We also have an unused 12man maximum quality match server that you guys can pretty much use. It's just tough for a lot of em because of time differences. East coast players were unreliable (most of em) and UK players have another time zone so it's tough.

Currently, my clan atm BesTiaL! has been scrimming 5-6 times daily with CAL IM/M teams and above. It is not rare that we play against players from ex-Zomblerz (HE now), NSF, etc.

I think one small issue is the commonality of playing in pubs that aren't worth it. There are some that are: NFo DM, NHB DM, oPg CPL Pub, and CPL LA Pub. But no one here really plays them but me and Steroids for various reasons.

Again, it's not my clan/division anymore, just putting something in.

18. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Maha Guru

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    Agreed 100%, ever since the clan merge I was against it, I first pointed out the solar curve issue, not many people listened at all because they were too obsessed with being "popular" and getting brown noses. The issue with other clans and their immaturity was just unbelievable, I ringed for *iws for a match and for the entirety of the match there was just people spamming mics and talking rubbish through all talk etc.

I'm trying not to generalize here but some of the americans I have played with and/or know are too damn immature to even be playing css in the first place. Organization was pathetic, you guys know I can't play in CAL now, I notified you ages ago and told you my availability, and yet you guys still get a match at ridiculous times and half expect me to play. And then when you can't get me, you grab someone from another clan for your team, and then argue amongst yourselves in front him. Great for rep, eh? Just because you lost a PRESEASON doesn't mean you should quit.

Some of you need to CONTACT us more, and pick the players PRIOR to the match. Don't grab whoever you can 15 minutes before!!!! Use EMAIL!!! USE XFIRE!!!! USE VENT!!! That's what it's all there for!!!!

I'm sorry but some of you think CAL is all a great laugh, and then when you start losing you just scream at other people and blame everyone else. I told you guys multiple times to recruit quality players, I grabbed a 1.6 experianced LAN winner, who has proved himself. He is in the UK too and was willing to play for you guys. He even emailed me 2 days before the first official game for CAL and I had to reply telling him how we just broke up because of your silly little argument. I tried to pick the clan up but most of you were half assed in everything you did. I can't practice for you, I can't make you more organized or more mature, you gotta do that yourself.

19. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia 9800 GTX 512M
    European gamers are so much more mature and talented than American gamers its not even ****ing funny.

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    hope i didnt let anyone down :[