Good overclock?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Marco Borsato, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    So I'm overclocking my GTX 660 Ti and I'm trying to push it as far as I can and I achieved this:

[​IMG]

Heaven benchmark results (Stock vs. OC):

[​IMG]

Can't get the core clock past 1293 without crashes, but I'm pretty amazed by what this card can do. :eek:

2. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    It is a Fairly good overclock. Don't forget that Power Edition cards have a factory OC, so you can't get that 200+ MHz as some other people are getting on non oc'd GPU's.

3. Davehillbo

Davehillbo Member

GPU:
    MSI 660 Ti 2gb OC @1.3Ghz
    I just got a 660 ti today, and after messing with afterburner, I managed to get boost to 1.3Ghz! Stable in kombustor and 3dmark! :D

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    not bad what is your max boost?

5. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    @ Davehillbo: Nice one, have fun with your card! The problem I seem to have is that it doesn't seem to matter wether I'm setting the power limiter to 114% it keeps trottling down at 1.3 ghz. =(

@ ---TK---: My card came with a stock boost clock of 1229 mhz and my max stable clock for now is 1293, if I go past 1.3 ghz the card either starts throttling or crashes during 3DMark11 and Heaven. It doesn't seem temperature related though, my max temps under Heaven or 3DMark are usually around 60~65c, so I think that's really how far I can go. I might be able to achieve a higher stable boost clock if I knock down the memory OC a bit, but that really affects AA performance so I'd rather take higher memory OC's over a higher core clock. This is fast enough for my needs really, I play at 1920x1080 and thanks to that memory OC I can play most games with 4x AA enabled now and achieve a steady 60 fps. And I'm actually thinking about getting a second card, I was a bit worried in the first place because getting one high-end card is usually better then putting two mid-range cards in SLI, but I think getting another Power Edition would just do the trick for a year or 2. :) Although the 2 GB of video ram really concerns me, I was playing the Crysis 3 beta a few days ago and I saw it hit around 1.5 Gb at high settings with no AA enabled, holy crap.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  6. Davehillbo

Davehillbo Member

GPU:
    MSI 660 Ti 2gb OC @1.3Ghz
    I cant get it over 1.3Ghz either, just falls back to desktop due to driver crash. I used kombuster to test it, use the PhysX test on it, stresses it more than the d3d ones.