Good headsets, max $60

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Phoenix_Inferno, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Phoenix_Inferno

Phoenix_Inferno Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 320MB
    I just started playing EVE online around 2 weeks ago and the ops carried out by my corp and alliance requires teamspeak. I already have some cheapo headsets that came with BF2, but theyre way too uncomfortable to use for over long periods of time. So right now im considering getting a new headset but i dont want to use over 60 bucks.

My current choices are:
    EDimensional Audio FX
    Plantronics Game Com Pro 1

I like the fact that the plantronics use USB but the ED set looks more comfortable and i wanna try out that force feedback.

2. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    Stay away from the EDimensional Audio FX. I bought a pair and the left ear sounded like a blown subwoofer when it was trying to make the vibration effect, then the mic went out 2 weeks later, rma'd it and got back another brand new pair with same problem as first except the mic was working again. They went in the trash. As far as USB head sets I stay away from those, if you had a good sound card, USB headsets can't take advantage from things like EAX and what not if your sound card supports it. I can't really recommend anything in your price range though 8( I use Speedlink MedUSA 5.1 headphones but they run about $100.

3. Phoenix_Inferno

Phoenix_Inferno Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 320MB
    Aye ****, too late :| I ordered the headsets from NE sunday night.. My cheap headsets died during a mission with my corp in EVE Online, had to get new ones..

Well they seem good so far, if i do get problems ill return em.

Thanks though.

4. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    GameCom Pro 1 is bad is similar to the regular GameCom 1 just adding a USB dongle ( That produces **** for sound if u have a good sound card SB LIVE and above ) . Get headphone from Sennheiser like the PC 150. Or the Plantronic .100 Andio would be fantastic