Good Games the Developer Ruins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by strife045, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I like big patches tbh, they tend to fix a lot. That and i can brag about how fast my DL was. :D

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    in the case of airborne its close to 2,5GB in total. its unacceptable. (even if you only have to wait for 20 minutes)

5. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Aliens vs. Predator pc online is ruined after last patch!

they made the Alien more anoying and the predator like a pussy!

and the marien is not blocking anything! WTF rebelion?

6. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    GTA IV ? Seems the latest patch made some "adjustments" to "patch" some of the shadow and performance "issues" present in the game. (I haven't noticed any degradation in performance, but lots of folks sure have.)

Also: Fallout 3, kinda. Why "kinda"? Well, the devs fixed a lot of bugs in the patches, but they also introduced some new ones which are ... hard-coded! *Facepalm* (ex. VATS lag, being unable to target grenades, NPCs occasionally holding weapons like wrist-watches, etc.)

Those are the only ones I can think of, and both cases are debatable: GTA IV, I've noticed no ill effects in, and Fallout 3 .. well, there's a thing called the "Fake Patch" out for it which basically rectifies all issues I referenced above, and as such is an almost perfect solution to the devs' muck-up.

7. okidna

okidna Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    AFAIK EA did not develop Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age, and Crysis, they just published that title..

ME 1 & 2 and Dragon Age developed by BIOWARE and Crysis developed by CRYTEK

8. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    While there's problems with "True Crime: New York City", I believe that this game and "Test Drive Unlimited" are based on real NYC and real Hawaii island. "Test Drive Unlimited 2" should be released in two months.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Umm cant really think about any from teh top of my head

Hellgate London i think is the most disapointing game for me.

I have mixed feelings about EA...I swear its their slogan : "Make good game, Make crap game"

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    EA are publishers for the most part, they dont make most of the games with their name on.

11. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    World of Warcraft game from slightly dumbed down to allmighty dumbed down after each patch. Basically all the previous hardcore stuff (Molten Core, Onyxia Lair etc) are now all beatable by a group of few players, when previously it took 40 player raid.

12. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    The only truly annoying patch experience I've had was Diablo II:LOD, which I nearly stopped playing after one of the earlier patches nerfed much of the work I had put into the Assassin that I was working on at the time.

13. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    nm read the statement wrong.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  14. Staticprimer

Staticprimer Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce GTX 260
    I'm sorry, but I have to cut in here. How is it Valve's fault that some modders are unable or unwilling to update their mods when the game is updated?

15. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    You werent one of the sunfall lot on chimaera were you? Name rings a bell.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I was just posting about it in the other thread when I remembered this one. Anyway... Singularity... a potentially terrific idea for a game wasted on generic level design and a general lack of imagination by Raven. In the hands of a really good developer this game might have been the next Half-Life but as it is the Time Manipulation Device is massively underused as is the time travel concept.

17. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I played BC2 like crazy in beta and for the first couple of months, but it started getting to the point where every time I played the gameplay was different and it got annoying to play. One day a sniper rifle would reach someone, the next it wouldn't. Play the game a different day and have rocket launchers demolish buildings and the men inside them, the next day it's a pea shooter. It's not consistant enough to be fun. It's like trying to figure out what works all over again each time you play. Good thing I unlocked most of everything early on.