good driver cleanup utility for ATI drivers...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by cowman, Dec 27, 2003.

1. cowman

cowman Guest

whats a good one? I just upgraded to a ATI radeon 9600XT from an nvidia gf4 ti4200 and... I wanna mess around with the drivers and with my nvidia I used nvcleaner and Nasty file remover together to get rid of all the extra files and registry entries and it worked great. I've tried driver cleaner or whatever its called but I dont really like to use that, is there anything equvialent to nvcleaner but for ATI ??

2. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    cat uninstaller is pretty good...i think they have it in the downloads section here...otherwise, check rage3d.com or driverheaven.net......

3. racingx

racingx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070
    Drivercleaner 2.6 is the best IMHO and can be found over at Driverheaven.net.

4. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    RacingX is absolutely right...

The DriverCleaner he describes is the one I'd referred to in my reply to your earlier post. Get it here: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

The nice thing about DriverCleaner is that it has separate cleaner subroutines and algorithms for nVidia and ATI cards. Since you were an nVidia user (as I guess most of us were for several years), you sure might want to use DriverCleaner to expunge all the remaining nVidia stuff as well as the ATI residue, then do a complete reload as I'd recommended before.

I'd stick with the Cat. 3.9's, and avoid the 3.8's in any event. I'm not convinced yet that Cat. 3.10's are superior to the 3.9's, but evidently have some bug fixes for the myriad numbers of WWII games that have congested (and bored) the world for about a year now....

Have fun!