Good Bye and thanks for everything guys :)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Altra001, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^^ General consensus in the green camp is that Nvidia is full of shlt...

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Feel free to send all of the unwanted ATI/AMD cards my way.

3. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Well i have to 2 PC's one with 3 580's and Intel CPU and the other with 3 6950 (flashed shader unlocked) both at 5760 res. Crysis 2 player better on the Nvidia setup and it should its an nvidia game.
    You have to be carefull ****ing around with ati drivers they are kinda twichy but just make sure you have system restore ready and you're set.
    Most games there isn't enough difference to justify one over the other, but man in price I'd go with top end AMD every time. Nvidia is way over priced!

4. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I have a gaming system. Of course I play games, and at 2560x1600 with 4xAA if available. Crysis 1/2 maxed out at that res at 60fps. The only games I havent played from what you mentioned are AC2 Brotherhood (screw Ubisoft), Shift 2 and NFS HP2 because I am not a racing guy..lol.
    Even new games 60fps constant. I always use latest drivers and Radeon Pro.

Btw I am very pleased with my dual gpu card and the one I had before (4870x2). They are awesome but I recommend single gpu cards for most people so that way we avoid threads like this.

5. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    give me your 5970 since u hate it so much

6. RLCF

RLCF Member

GPU:
    Crossfire R9280X/3GB
    My friend due to low quality of current games, anything higher than a GTX 570 or R6970 is pure waste of money and energy. The green team is not free of annoying problems with drivers. The higher your expectations the greater the disappointment.

7. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Maybe if you were living in a cave past few years. That's complete bull****. There are just as many games now being released recently that have been developed closed with AMD.

Also working with game developers and paying them are entirely two different things. Crysis 2, 2 million paid by Nvidia, so much for that since SLI flickered with HDR also.

Bad Company 2, Total War: Shogun 2, Dragon Age 2, Dirt 2, Aliens vs Predator, Need for Speed: Shift 2, Dawn of War 2, Civilization V for example are all AMD Gaming Evolved Titles. And all of them that uses DX11 were developed on AMD DX11. And Activision spoke at AMD Gaming Evolved conference discussing how involved AMD was in the development of COD MW2. And no doubt Black Ops.

Far as I'm concerned the only recent Nvidia paid games have sucked hard. Crysis 2, a disappointment. Bulletstorm, novelty of the language and boot kicking gets old fast. Other than that, who cares, it's just an Epic UE3 game.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Is this ^^^ what we've been reduced to name calling come on calling someone a cave dwelling fool and a moron isn't very nice whether or not you use AMD/ATI or nVidia there are games that will and wont play well on either side of the fence...... games devs are just greedy when it comes to money and show no compunction to taking payouts from either side to make a game run better or worse for the competitors product (Not that they'll admit to it though) but we all know it goes on right!

yeah I like the current crop of games but for good old LAN days ya cant beat Quake 3 or unreal 2k4 and whole bunch of new maps/bots

9. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Never like 2xgpu, always had/will some problem, i am afraid that is it a good choice or not, may be a single 570/580 can be a good choice .. Anyway goodluck anc enjoy ur cards ...

10. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

TBH I have No Issues with ATI Card , One Bug tat's affecting is Mouse Corner Lag i think it will get Fixed soon, I had an Nvidia 86xxx and 96xxx , the two of them had So many Problems with drivers Mostly "Nvidia Driver stopped responding, Nw AMD/ATI is doing a Good Job Every Month Atleast two diver sets , Sadly there r users affected with 99% GPU Usage Bug, Im sure tat will get fixed too, if they can do a Nice Piece of Hardware they can a do a Software too, Comparing Price with AMD Nvidia is OverrrrrrPriced....... Next Time Sure it'll be 7xxx series...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011

11. Maziar

Maziar Member Guru

Good for you
    My 5970 is nothing but problems
    1)I can't update my driver to anything higher than 10.10 because of random 99% GPU usage bug(maybe 2-3 times per day), and sudden increase of core clocks in 2D mode
    2)Most of the games I play run better with Catalyst A.I turned off.(I get lots of artifacts/glitches with A.I turned on in this games)

12. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK

Blah blah blah wtf u guys use your brains get some maturity level in ur brain think logically these games now a days are not made for PC from scratch which means not enough efforts put by developers to test on all type of PC range. Why ppl complaining about hardware issues if the software itself not tested and optimized to take advantage of it, Stop being a retard and think about the old days when u got to play true PC games like doom 3 and quake 4 and UT2004, NFSU etc.. Developers releasing games for consoles only and putting untested products on PC.

I dont support this software development cycle they are using as we have DX11 and opengl 4.1 hardware why developers not using it to make to utilize PC potential becz they dont want us PC games as exclusive, wake up guys multiplatform milking money scheme are on the way dont buy uber hardwares as they wont get utilized due to good softwares not made for it.

13. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    And for the guy who got nvidia 570 SLI u can shove that setup to your ass and stop bitching about what games run better on nvidia or less on ATI gpus.

14. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    For all the people complaining about the 5970, you guys wanna sell me one so i can quadfire it? im only running crysis 2 at 88+fps rock steady. Im not trolling or anything just want a cheap 5970...

15. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    Havok games, Valve Games, Codemasters games for what i can think about right now.

Nvidia doesnt do squatt job with developers, they just make some "extremeultraplanetary named graphics settings and lock it only in nvidia cards... theres really nothing that nvidia does special, and physx would be the only mediocre exception except surprise surprise... its not even their invention.

Both Nvidia & Ati has drivers problems, sli/crossfire problems, nvidia normally has the upper edge in performance while ati in image quality none of the companies right now is vastly better than the other.

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    see u bud enjoy your new card , i own both nvidia and ati gpus both super dooper u cant fail with either

so im a shade of green but mainly red :pc1:

17. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Hate to say this but im itching for new hardware and a pair of 560's looks good.

I came over to ATI after my gtx280's in sli, might go back not because of driver problems just because Nvidia seem to have the edge at the moment.

Will be selling my 5870's PM if interested.

18. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    You dont have to start insulting people f*cking moron while some of what you say is true you dont know what your talking about!
    , In some games Xfire work amazing and in others it fails like sh!t and vica versa with Nvidia (eg.Shogun 2 Total War took them 3 weeks for a SLI profile)
    But Nvidia are a little more on top then ATI when it comes to dual card performance in most games.
    So its just as much ATI and Nvidia's fault as the dev's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  19. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i thought this thread about u getting married soon.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Do you have anything to tell us ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.