Good 5.1 & 7.1 audio receivers for PC and consoles

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by gnsdhrw, Apr 4, 2020.

1. gnsdhrw

gnsdhrw Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 4GB
    Which are very good 5.1 & 7.1 surround audio receivers that have toslink optical cable and HDMI connection for PC and consoles? Price up to 500 Euros

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    The Denon AVRX2600 is a great AV Receiver in that price range.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been looking a Onkyo series for while imo best bang for buck feature to price ratio, I just can not bring my self to get one cause I rarely use my A/V unit, I would be using the new unit as glorifed HDMI switch seeing my current unit is 20 years old as has no such features

Onkyo seem to one of few brands that have "auto" switch to device that just turned on when unit is actual in standby, most A/V unit dont have that function and has to switch manually to correct input. it even support DTS-X and Atmos built in wifi. and alot other features all in one most other brands to get same amount features Onkyo seem to give in other brands you tend to be pay more.

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I used an Onkyo receiver for quite a few years before upgrading to the Denon X3300W, only downside with newer Onkyo receivers is they now use their own auto room EQ called AccuEQ which seems to be getting mixed reviews, they used to use Audyssey XT32 room EQ which mostly gives decent results.