1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna do a small order next week...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vbetts, Jan 26, 2010.

1. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Damn dude, that seriously blows. I'm sorry to hear it. Could you contact the guy you got it from to see if there is a fix or workaround they know of?

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I think its just a short, because my volt meter shows activity in my case, so im gonna try taking it out the case and see what happens

3. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    So it's not a short, nor is it the bios, but something is making it not get any power to it, and I'm not sure what.

4. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Got the cooler today...Even WORSE news...

The cooler requires a backplate on the motherboard to secure into, that my motherboard didn't come with, nor does the cooler. So, I'll have to get one if there's any that fit my board, which most if not all should. Until then, I can't use it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Don't you just love computing? I feel for you, we've all had retarded issues like this before.

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hmm... my motherboard also has an SB600. I actually thought my drive I/O controller on the southbridge blew out, but fixed it with a complete BIOS reset.

If you need a new motherboard, may I suggest this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131618

It's on sale on NewEgg for $69.99 and there's a $10 mail in rebate for it as well. It features the newer SB710 which means you might be able to unlock cores with it. Comes with 6 SATA plugs and a lot more USB headers unlike the SB600 which only comes with 4 SATA and 10 USB which kinda pisses me off lol.

deltatux

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    every cooler I have used that needed a backplate came with the hsf. they were all zalmans. the cooler I recommended is the pushpin kind. 10 buck rebate too

8. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That's only for Intel coolers. AMD coolers usually use the stock retention bracket. I have a Zalman cooler myself and didn't need to use any extra retention bracket as the one that came with my board works perfectly.

deltatux

9. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Funny thing is, I looked at that mobo today since I'll have to get another one lol.

10. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    lol, great minds think alike?

deltatux

11. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Well I'm not on sata right now, but the IDE channel still works for now. Next paycheck, I'm going to order another mobo. If the budget allowed me, I'd like to do ddr3, but it doesn't stretch that far for me, and maybe a modular psu. Mine isn't modular right now, and it's annoying to do a complete cable management system with it. I'd get pictures of it, but cables are everywhere as I didn't care about it with this mobo.

And the mobo you listed has a backplate too! :D