gonna be getting a eVGA 7800GT, need driver info

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X-Todd, Jan 15, 2006.

1. X-Todd

X-Todd Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB
    well as the title says, it should be here in the next few days, i have already downloaded the latest from the nVidia site, those are the 81.98. i have heard a lot of people talking about the 82.12. i take it that is a beta driver. are people seeing "that" much of a noticable difference between these 2 drivers?
    i currently have an ATi card, and a ways back i gave up trying beta/optimized drivers as i really didnt notice anything different, and id rather have more stability than an extra 10 points in 3dmark.

thoughts?

2. cloudman

cloudman Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus CU II GTX 780
    Make sure you clean all the old ati drivers out. I personaly liked the 81.95's. But with any driver you just gotta try them yourself. The 82.12's caused flashing menus and other anomolies in bf2. I'm currantly trying the 82.65's. They seem to work fine but I'm still testing different games. You can go nuts with nvidia drivers and guru3d has plenty to try.

3. zephxiii

zephxiii Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 7800gt (470/1100 stock)
    I just got an evga 7800gt (the one clocked at 470/1100), awesome card, i use the 81.98s. Only issues i have noticed, for some reason CS:S always switches into windows sometimes when loading certain things, dunno if this is driver related.

Other than that, they work well.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well if your switching from ati to nvidia or vica versa I suggest your format your pc too.

Even if u removed every single bit of the ati drivers...