Going to Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sash, May 2, 2010.

1. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    **Warning Spoilers Alert!**

I just watched Iron Man 2 at he Cinema and it was a great film, as good as the 1st and enjoyed it slightly more.
    I loved the black humor, the jeer and mockery in the dialogue of the main characters through the film and the action scenes were awesome.
    Mickey Rourke played whip-lash very well and personally I can’t think of a more suitable actor than Robert Downey Jr. for the role of Tony Stark. He basically plays him self, as in real life he’s not exactly one the “best” boys around ;)

Anyway I noticed a scene form the official trailer where Scarlett Johansson fires the Iron Man gauntlet that was removed from the final film which I saw at the cinema. Anybody knows why?

[​IMG]

@2:14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQowwwwYa0&playnext_from=TL&videos=LWHE1Kvv46o

And at the end of the film when the Thor’s hammer is spotted next to the crater at the desert, is that an inclination that Thor will appear in Iron Man 3, or just a preview of the up coming separate Thor film?

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Thor is set to release in 2011.

3. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    a lot of stuff from the trailer was removed, also in the beginning when he jumps off the plane Pepper Pots does not kiss his mask, he is alone in the plane.

This is because the director for the final cut will decide to remove a lot of footage to fit the agreed timeframe of the movie. When most of the post-production is done, an official trailer will come out. In that trailer there is footage which is not in the final cut for the theaters because directors change their mind more often than a girl changes clothes to quote Katy Perry :p

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  4. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    Ok, that makes sense then! ;) :D

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the first one was so-so, this 2nd one surely is better but i can't call it an epic movie, good movie though.

saw it yesterday.

6. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    ** Spoilers **

I wished that fight scene with the portable armour at the F1 Grand Prix would have been a bit longer. Also the final battle against whip-lash felt a bit underwhelming. It too should have been a lot longer.

But I really liked the part when he unleashes the round-house red laser, Repulsor blaster to take out all the drones at once. That looked as if it came straight out of Capcom’s Marvel Super Heroes Beat Up Game:

[​IMG]

I also liked the part where Stark sees his father on the video and reveals to him for the 1st time that he had always loved him and he was in fact the best of his father’s creations. And he later, saves his son’s life with his plans on the new element.

** Spoilers **

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I saw it at the Imax, even upscaled it looked great, and sounded even better.

The movie i wasn't that keen on, was enjoyable enough, but totally forgetable.
    No better or worse than the first one, but the CGI was great in this, you could barely notice it most of the time.

I didn't mind the amount of dialogue, i just wish it would of been better written, character development is essential, or the movie would just be 2hours of action which would be very boring.

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    newbs can't use spoiler tags

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Movies like this don't really need to much in the way of spoiler tags, you can predict the movie as your watching it, not like anything suprising will ever happen.

10. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I was going to go and watch it but given the poor reviews and the extortionate price of the cinema over here, i will have to pass

11. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Saw it last weekend and as expected, it was a great action flick, but one you need to turn your brain off to enjoy properly.
    It did deviate alot from the established comic book backgrounds that Marvel have created for thier characters, but kept it about as close as you can reasonably expect from a 2 hour film without forcing new Iron Man fans to read through hundreds of comicbooks to understand what's going on (cos lets face it, WarMachine alone would need hours of screentime to tell his story faithfully).

12. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Great movie.. you really gotta pay attention to the "surprises" in the movie.

Did anyone catch the Captain America shield in Starks office? ;)

Also for those that already know about the hammer at the end well its for the Avengers which is soon to come and already in post production but yeah a Thor movie too to help lead into The Avengers.

13. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Not very interested in a Thor movie...maybe the trailer will change my mind. I don't know how to do the spoiler tag so I'll simply say the fight between Tony and Rodie was not pointless it happend for a reason.

14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    The Captain America shield was there in the first one as well. Personally, I found the 2nd movie to be great, and bit more comical than the 1st.

15. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    And what reason would that be?

16. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    At what part of the 1st film?! I don't remember the shield...

Even in the 2nd film, it didn't quite look like the shield from the comics... it was half-painted...

17. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Somebody tell me how to do the spoiler tags so I can answer...somebody got upset earlier about this. Also Captain America's shield was shown in the 1st movie I believe it was on his desk by his work station.

18. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Here it is (1st film)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVeuYqjMlk

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  19. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    No matter, just PM ! ;)
    Please...

20. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Horrible movie.

Don't know what more to say, boring, like said above everything was predictable or cliche, the acting or should I say production sucked, for me it was on the same level of Transformers 2.

CGI just doesn't make a movie good by default, don't waste your money.