Going to Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sash, May 2, 2010.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Tonight!
    Yeah! Any movie with Mikey Rourke is gonna be epic!
    :banana:
    Who else from Europe saw it?

2. mx4life

mx4life Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950 Pro 256MB @2032BW
    Saw it yesterday! And I liked it!

Thought Iron Man 1 was better tho..

3. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I thought it was awesome

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    dialogues are worst than a high schooler's lines... that is normal in Marvel based movies.
    the scene after the end credits was.... can't wait for that movie! :D

oh and the movie itself... :puke2:

5. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Iron Man 2

The film was a blast, better than the first one for me. This one had a host of intersting characters not just Tony Stark. The villain(s) were also a lot better, Mickey Rourke was the ultimate badass and part of me wanted him to kick Tony Stark's ass! Sam Rockwell was the best thing about the film though, his character had some hilarious lines and I loved the way he was playing off Whiplash and Stark, the scene where he came in dancing on stage was a highlight. The action was brilliant, also better than the first even though there wasn't much of it, the last action scene with the Hammerdrones and Don Cheadle was immense, as was Rourke's entrance scene. Scarlett Johansen didn't have much to do but she provided more than enough eye candy to make up for it. I did have a few criticisms though, the film could have been a tad shorter had they trimmed down some of the excess, especially the fight between Cheadle and Downey Jnr which felt unnecessarily long. Sam Jackson just seemed to pop up from nowhere, was he in the first movie? Can't say I remember him, not a fan of comic books so I was a little confused as to who he was at first. As others have said, sitting through the credits was a real chore, I've never understood why filmmakers do this, the end scene was so not worth it. Still though, the film was a lot of fun and had more than enough humour and action to please me.

8/10

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Saw it too before.I think the first one was better,but i am going to see it in blu-ray to have a complete view of the movie :)

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    ok instead of the :puke2: i will also add up some stuff, spoiler free

well there is to much dialogue, i know they are trying this new thing called character development, but that is up to the comics to deliver... i mean srly it is a comic based movie, and people who do not know the story, to bad for them, read the friking comic..

cheesy character development aside... the dialogues is that is killing the movie.
    not enough action is also killing it, some people next to me could not take it anymore, also me. we know what happed to Tony, Pepper etc from comics, and like i say, when you make a comic book movie, you should have a specific audience, and do not aim for the banker or stylist who never heard of Marvel..
    The final battle was horrible... iv'e seen longer arguments between characters... oh right we get that a lot also in this movie

ok i am done... 5/10 for me because of lack of action and to much cheesy Shela Le Deuche type lines

8. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    I'll be going to see it this coming Friday hope it's half as good as the first

Is it just me or do the movies coming out this summer seem lackluster? (aside from The Expendables lol)

9. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    apart from The Expendables, here are some epic movies in summer:
    Toy Story 3...
    also Robin Hood looks promising but not my type of movie
    The A Team is gonna be epic
    and of course Eclipse... all teenage emo girls will flock to see it, and of course the older bitches will go to Sex and the City 2
    Prince of Persia - epicness as well

lackluster? not if you look at it from more sides :p

10. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    I forgot about the A-Team and Prince of Persia, but the others not for me

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The second film is no where near as good as the second film.

Far to little action, literally two moments of genuine actions, the bit in Monaco and the end battle and that's it. Oh and the fight between Rodie and Tony i the two Iron Man suits which was... pointless.

The script in general was seriously daft even bordering on total contradiction of the first film.

In the first filme we see Tony Stark the successor and CEO of Stark industries which we are lead to believe has been a significant developer of US military hardware since the year dot.

Yet this fact is somehow forgotten in the second film. In the second movie we are introduced to Tony Stark's father who it just so happens isn't a military technology development genius but is instead a liberal hippy wannabe. A man who had his partner arrested and deported because he wanted to make money off of Arc technology. Seriously does that sound like the CEO of a leading military hardware developer? Not really but that's the angle the film is taking it.

So the second film decides to rewrite the history of Stark industries, by rewrite I mean totally change it from a developer of killing technology to the developer of technology for the betterment of mankind, just in such a way that it was totally missed in the first film but the second movie does introduce some serious WTF moments all of it's own.

The aquirement of the second Iorn Man suit by the US military is one such moment.

First of all the suit itself clearly possess technology that puts its firepower well in advanced if anything the military has. Can we forgte the tiny missile pack that can destroy a tank in one hit? Well it seems that kind of tech is not enough for the US military, no so they decided to hand it over to Hammer industries to 'weaponize' the suit and by that I mean stick a whole bunch of antiquated ****e all over the suit. Yeah, it ain't quite powerful enough with it's Tank busting mini missile so lets stick a massive gatling gun on its back....

This leads to the second WRF moment. Hammer industries has been trying to replicatethe Iron man tech, and failed horribly. So they get the Iron Man suit handed over to them by the US military and instead of tearing the thing to bits and finding out how it works he does what the military says and sticks a whole bunch of wank all over it and continues with the drone ideas provided by his new Russian pal.

Finally the Pulonium poisoning angle had such potential and was resolved in such a stupid way. The upshot being that his Dad had discovered the atomic structure of some as yet uncreatable new element, only being limited by the tech of the time. It turns out though that Tony has the ability it create this mean element from a whole bunch of crap his builds in his basement and not only does he manage it he manages it in one go with no development? I know he is meant to be some sort of uber genius but even the Iron Man suit took several attempts to get right but creating a totally new element is just something he does in his spare time?

Oh and the awkward dialogue that was actually quite refreshing in the first film was over done and bordered on annoying in the second film.

The result is that this film was too slow, lacking in action, and had a rather stupid plot in several areas. Which given that the first film was refreshingly and surprisingly good is a real shame. I just hope that this film is laying some ground work for a much better third movie.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  12. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    I want to see Iron Man 2!!!!!!!!!!!
    Soon

13. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I thought the movie was awesome, way better than I thought it would be. 9 out 10 for me.

Spoiler alert....

nm removed it

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    that space does not help people who scroll down the next post man, use the spoiler tags!

15. Flakk

Flakk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Going to see it tonight. I hope its good.
    Is the full soundtrack taken from AC\DC songs ?

16. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Haven't seen the film so don't know about the soundtrack but the "Iron Man" track is by Black Sabbath

17. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    only 2 AC\DC songs are in it,

18. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I saw it I liked it, unlike a lot of people I preferred it to the first movie

19. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I'll catch it Saturday, takin wife out for mothers day.

I'm sure it will be awesome, A-Team looks even better as does MacGrubber!! :banana:

20. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    I saw it last Monday. I too think that the fight between Stark and Rhodes was pointless and completely unnecessary. Other than that, I highly enjoyed it for what it is: a pop-corn flick :)