Going Passively cooled on Ryzen 5 5600X and GeForce RTX 3080 with Turemetal UP10 Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Francesco

Francesco Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    Case is MetallicGear NEO Qube. I have two fans at the bottom and 2 and the top (they used to be 3 in total, but I admit I added a forth recently, even if temps didn't change that much). Fans are NOCTUA and run at about 600-700 rpm.
    CPU is ryzen 4650, I undervolted it slightly.
    Integrated GPU.

There is a direct airflow, with no restrictions of any sort, from bottom to top of the case passing through CPU heatsink which is a simple noctua NH-U9S where I just removed the fan.

I often leave the system rendering for days as a support machine to my main system (which is in another room) and believe me if I say I just can't hear it even if it's in my bedroom during night. Temps can raise a little but never go above 75-80c.

I know there's no dedicated GPU working, the point wasn't that I'm doing better than this admirable case, the point is that you will have an hard time hearing a bunch of quality low rpm fans in a closed case with good clearance and cable management, so putting so much effort in having 0 fans, while admirable, is a little wasted.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Noisiv likes this.
  2. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Looks to be a very impressive chassis design, especially the custom heat pipe layout.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    Maybe if the parts are a bit lucky on the silicon lottery undervolting will do the trick !

5. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 + H90
    Still a D5 pump at min 1/5 speed (1800rpm) and some 600-800 rpm 140mm fans are still deadly silent and few tens less of temperature.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    deadly silent pump, is that even possible? good silent pump starts at 30sec mark

youtube.com/watch?v=fGtapwAJscQ

nothing could be furthest removed from the concept of passive cooling than the water cooling (pump)

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If you're going to passively cool a power hungry PC....the room has to be pretty cold....