Going from a EVGA 285 to a Galaxy 570, opinions!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 17, 2011.

1. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V
    I went from a QX6700 EE @ 3.4 ghz to this 2600k i7 sandy @ 4.8 ghz and my fps made a massive increase (especially minimums) with the same GTX 480 in pretty much all games, but especially CPU sensitive ones such as any RTS (dawn of war 2, starcraft2 etc)

People who say otherwise dont actually own the new stuff.

2. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    if your gtx285 is dead then you get gtx560 or 570. if no then you get gtx580. :)
    if you don't want gtx580 (despite gtx285 not dead) then you explain WHY.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  3. dustin_leet

dustin_leet New Member

GPU:
    MSI 560 GTX-TI 1024 mb
    I think you will be more than satisified on that upgrade

I just upgraded from an XFX HD 4950 xxx extreme oc version than worked sweet, it was just getting little outdated and i wanted something with the new dx 11, something to give a little more eye candy, pixel power,tesilation and etc, i got a MSI GTX 560 TI TWIN FROXR II and my performance has more than doubled, on left for dead 2, 3x fps on max, COD black ops 1.7x fps, MWF2 2.1 x what the ati card did, i not sure if you get same increase but u should see a easy 20-30%, happy upgrading:pray2pc:

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    dchalf10 stop trolling.....

denial about what.. a bottleneck that won't effect my gameplay... perhaps people should actually read the other thread rather than listen to fantasies about 38% bottlenecks you keep posting, why not keep it to that thread then? people like you and ArmyGuy are just trying to justify a pointless upgrade... I'd rather wait until I 'need' to upgrade not just because I want slightly higher benchmark numbers.. though I do agree that in RTS based games it would make a bigger difference but I don't really play rts.

And all this about gaining 30 min fps when in the other thread it's clearly been shown to be a 7 fps inrease going from 36 to 43 in a game that's cpu intensive and Nvidia always gets higher fps.. look at guru3d's benches..dchalf10 is blatantly Trolling...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011