Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Darkest, May 22, 2019.

1. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950

The above is the latest trailer, it's also arguably the best movie trailer I've ever seen.

The movie comes out on the 31st of May.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan, and while the 2014 movie was hit and miss this seems to be doing everything right. I'm rarely excited anymore by big money blockbusters, but I must admit I'm pumped for this. Who else is planning on seeing it when it comes out?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Visually great but as a monster nothing beats man(kind).

SerotoNiN likes this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    HuManKind.
    ManKind.
    Man.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  4. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Oh.. man.

I think that's actually the premise of the movie in a way, I could be wrong in that mind you.

The assumption is that man is arrogant and X and Y, but there's greater and they breed that and need to fall back on the primal existence of Godzilla. Or, that's the earlier Japanese movies at least, to a point. =p

I'm reaaaalllllly looking forward to King of the Monsters.

Can't help it, I'm hyped!

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Pretty pumped myself, gonna watch it with my niece and her boyfriend at an IMAX cinema not far from the apartment.

6. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Excellent I love Godzilla movies since I was a kid. I have all of the movies from 1954 on ...... I'm glad they went back to the older look. The 98 Godzilla movie sucked it wasn't even close to Godzilla looking.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I love Classical (Asian) Godzilla movies and animated ones. And this one is going to be lovely as it is based on them.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Going to watch this tonight at a Cinemark XD in 3D. Will provide feedback when I get home :cool:

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Going to see it today at Finlands only IMAX theater I am expecting great things. I liked the first new Godzilla movie albeit it had quite little of the monsters.

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    OK so I watched it tonight, and I rate it a solid 8.0. The monster on monster action was top notch, and the ending was great and acted as a tie in not only to Godzilla vs Kong which will release next year, but future Monsterverse movies.

The biggest letdown of course was the script and the human actors, just like the first movie. But unlike Godzilla 2014, Godzilla King of Monsters had plenty of monster on monster action to make up for it.

Heck, the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah in the end is one of the most epic battles ever depicted on screen and is worth the price of admission alone! :D

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I thought the last movie was terrible...3 or 4 years ago now? This seems more like what Godzilla should be. I'll have to go see this.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o