Godzilla 2014 trailer

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mezball, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah man. this movie , title, deserved a better story telling. this was so but so weak.

sorry each day i keep posting something but i overhyped like hell. loved 1998 GODZILLA alot. i still have OST of puffdaddy or who ever he is. lol.

who ever designed to TRAILERS, wish designed the movie itself. i mean that HYPE...oh my god..and here we are...just nothing... :bang:

i wonder what is IMDB score..let me see.

7.4? unbelievable. should be 7 or lower. indeed iam not an expert but meh...have fun guys..go and watch it.

2. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Hype? what hype? Apart from a trailer on TV 2 weeks before it was released, I didn't even know it was being made, let alone released.

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yeah. Btw what are best godzilla movies? I saw 2001 and gonna watch 2004

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Last edited: May 21, 2014

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  6. asfgbdnf

asfgbdnf Guest

GPU:
    Corsair/16G
    looking forward to seeing the performance of 'Mr White'

7. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Garbage

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i've seen Godzilla 1998,2000,2001,2004. out of all i think 1998 and 2001 versions are best, close to 2004.

The new movie ain't about godzilla, it anything BUT godzilla, heck we barely seen this monster and the fight are non exist.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Half in the Bag: Godzilla (98) and Godzilla (2014)
    http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-godzilla-98-and-godzilla-2014/

^ I have to agree, I'd rather see some nameless scientist and Godzilla. I haven't seen the movie yet, but even from the trailers I thought it seemed to rip off Crysis of all things (The plane jump, guys in a jungle forest with guns, etc). I'd rather just rewatch the original and earlier ones.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  12. Hatton

Hatton Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 770
    He looks ridiculously fat in this movie. lol

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    tbh I thought the movie was well paced and really really good. Easily better then the 1998 crapfest. This was a proper monster movie not showing the damn thing all the time made it way better.

I thought it gave us good side how humanity was ****ed and how soldiers had nothing on them Mutos.

And who said that 1998 godzilla was stronger then this one ;o he died to frikkin missiles!

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    this was a good discussion.

15. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    ^ very good points made in the above post. Another good movie to add to that list is the original Alien movie.

I have watched and own many Godzilla movies, not one of them have at good story, or great acting! With the exception of the first. Seriously, these movies are about a freaking huge atomic lizard, what is realistic about that?

The 1998 movie was not Godzilla, regardless of what Hollywood called it. Toho doesn't recognize it as Godzilla. My 12.5 year old and his friends who have watched my Godzilla collection, even said it is not Godzilla, lol.

Really, I have noticed people take all movies to seriously. Complaining there is no plot, bad acting. unrealistic, etc, etc. Movies are to be unrealistic, I get enough realism every time I walk out my door, to reading the news. I take movies for what they are worth.

Were there faults to the new one, sure. Will it win an academy award, probably not. Will I buy it on dvd/blu-ray? Sure will, and add it to my collection so my son can show his kids someday.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    the movie actually had a pretty coherent plot. Dude trying to get to his wife, while mutos had the same path as him. And **** got real cause them things were after everything nuclear.

Acting I've seen way worse and sure it wasn't to be carried by superb acting either. What I loved was how the sound design worked so that the monsters seemed to have impact and that they had weight. Not quite sure who thought anything with Kaiju theme would be even remotely realistic actually :D

17. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    Japan's Toho to Produce New 'Godzilla' for 2016

Interesting, let see what they can do. Rumor has it that they are bringing back the rubber suits :banana:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2014/12-07_2016_new_toho_godzilla_movie.html

Japanese site Cinematoday has broken the news today: Toho is going to make a new Godzilla film.

After a decade following Godzilla: Final Wars (2004), Toho is ready to return the nuclear menace to the big screen. 2014 has been a big year for the King of the Monsters, both with Godzilla (2014) and his 60th birthday landing on the year. The Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros film was a hit in Japan, scoring over 3.2 billion yen at the box office at the time of writing this. That doesn't measure up to the Heisei series, but was a significant gain over all of the Millennium series pictures. Toho is eager to follow that up with a film of their own.

Similar to Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999), which released right after GODZILLA (1998), Toho is going to start a franchise of their own that is going to be detached from the series Legendary Pictures is making (with the next US Godzilla film landing in 2018). Production on the new film will start in the summer of 2015, for a launch in 2016. Most likely the title will hit in December of that year, assuming Toho sticks with the New Years tradition that they established back for The Return of Godzilla (1984) and have used for all the subsequent films.

No staff or actors are attached to the project. The only hint toward the final production was that Toho mentioned the rapid growth in effects films in the country. They cited their recently released film Parasyte (trailer can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKEI4A95wSg ) as a model for what to expect.

With all eyes on Toho, they announced several other facts to the public today.

As reported by 4-traders, in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo, Toho is planning to install a 12 meter tall head of Godzilla on the 80th floor terrace of a new building under construction. The location is fittingly their Toho Cinemas Shinjuku theater. After completion in April of 2015, the head is meant to look like it's gazing down at the district from 40 meters above ground (a total height similar to the Showa series version of the character). The 12 meter head will be modeled after the popular Heisei series design, pictured above.

Toho will also be starting Godzilla Conference (aka "Godzi-con" or ***12468;***12472;***12467;***12531;): an organization to discuss and determine the strategy of Godzilla projects. This includes the new film and other venues related to the character, hoping to reach the growing Godzilla fanbase from the 2014 film. The members of the Godzilla Conference are currently all employed by Toho, but they are looking to expand to others outside the company to best utilize venues around the King of the Monsters.

Update (12/08/2014): More news has come flooding in from the announcement. August Ragone has an incredible write up on the press announcement, including that there is still debate over if the next film will be brought to life from CGI or use suitmation. The film will be produced by Toho in-house, which most likely means it won't be part of a committee as is common with most contemporary Japanese productions.

In addition, The Hollywood Reporter reached out to Toho for some additional comments. The main gem is that the new film will be aimed at a "global market", which might come as a surprise given the proximity of release to the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros. series. That said, Godzilla: Final Wars (2004) was also aimed at a global market, and it will be up to an interested third party to pick up the rights for it to actually achieve it.

Check back for more news as it breaks.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    In early 80's i was in cinema and see that Monster for the first time ;-)