God of War: Ragnarök

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Horus-Anhur, Sep 9, 2021.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    That destroyed me as well. I bawled my eyes out like a wee boy due to the fact my dog had to be put to sleep December 28th. The morning after my Father also passed away.

I felt like quitting the game when that scene came up.

2. It's bigger, but not better and definitely not a 10/10 game. I haven't finished it yet, but I'd feel generous giving it an 8/10.

3. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Its definitely better and deserves its 10/10.

4. I won't argue with you because it's obvious you're a big GoW fan, but for me it's just another game I've played. I already see some issues with game design, the dreadful combat repetitiveness and more so unless you are a die hard GoW fan, this is not a 10/10 game. It's pretty far from it actually. But it's definitely worth playing, especially on PS4, because it might be the last AAA game on that platform.

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    They keep putting you in such tiny areas with very little area to move with 3 - 5 enemies. Plus one big brute. That's the only thing that's a little annoying with Give Me God of War difficulty.

6. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    I'm not a GOW fan but some games deserve the praise :)

7. Honestly, stating that a game is with no compromise a 10/10 and later that you are not a fan is just super weird. You're either in denial or just trolling.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am of the opinion that a 10/10 game cannot ever exist, that would mean the game was perfect on every level, from gameplay, to graphics, audio and of course gameplay which would have to have no issues, something i do not think one single game has ever achieved to date, and moreso in modern gaming where patch ot later is the standard.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    But why not ? Aren't they all personal experiences and not any kind of indication whether you will have the same experience or not ?

I mean you could hate a game while others think its great and visa versa. I bet people would love games more if they would go in without any opinions of others beforehand. Because we all get influenced by them whether you like it or not.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Only thing weird about it is your comment.

We rate games as we see them not how someone else does.

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I was talking reviews scores, but nothing stopping people giving something they like a 10/10 personally, i mean i love marmite and give it 10/10 on taste, but that does nothing to make it taste great for the people who hate it. ;)

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Agreed. 9.5 is the highest a game should get. Nothing is perfect.

XP-200 likes this.
  14. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Behind the scenes glitches during development is funny. This video also made me wonder how other studios think it's right to release games in such poor condition. I played Ragnarök on day 1 and throughout the whole experience I only saw 1 glitch. That's some pretty darn good quality control.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I`m still playing this, it`s a great game but nowhere near a 10 score, a 8 or 8,5 for me.

And like XP-200 i also don`t believe that games should be awarded 10 grades because they all have flaws.

XP-200 likes this.
  17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim