God of War 4

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I completed this magnificent game yesterday after spending around 40-45 hours playing it, ensuring I fully explored as much as possible and did all of the side-quests except for one (or rather seven!) really difficult ones! The ending is really touching but those credits you see rolling down the screen as you head back to mop up the rest of the side-quests and content, no, the real ending happens when you head home so make sure you do that.

It's a sign of just how great this game is that I still want more. There are three areas in the game that, as far as I know, are not accessible yet so I can only hope that Santa Monica Studios have an expansion or two planned for the game and that we won't have to wait three years for the proper sequel.

God of War is definitely the best game I've played by far this year and I can imagine it will only be topped by Red Dead Redemption (if that is released in October as Rockstar don't have a great track record when it comes to meeting release dates).

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'm not too happy over the pretty big differences in difficulty. For example I opened a rift and two Power Weapon Draugr hopped out. Taking out one is not too challenging but two is something else entirely. Especially when their normal attacks take 50% of my HP and their charged attacks take 90% of my HP. So not a single mistake can be done. Took me a dozen tries to take them down (one had a purple bar too).

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Hey guys, where is the time played counter in this game? I went through all the menus and cannot find the damn thing, if it exists that is ..

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There isn't one nor is the playtime displayed in the save file like many PS3 and PS4 games. My playtime of 40-45 hours was just an estimate.

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Damn! Thanks!

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I am enjoying this game because it does what all single players games should do, have a enjoyable single player game and nothing wasted on shoehorning in some lame online mutiplayer rubbish, just pure golden single player perfection.

Plus i am running through RE7 on the PSVR, and i will be damned if this game just does not work perfectly in VR, i was sold with VR on the Rift but the PSVR with it's almost invisible screen door effect and no god rays is simply phenominal, now if only Sony would dump those useless ancient ps3 motion controllers and actually bring out some decent vr motion controllers then we would have the perfect VR system.

My under the TV 4k HDR gaming Nirvana is now complete with the XBX, Pro and PSVR........now, let's sort out world peace. ;)

AsiJu and anxious_f0x like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Learning this game more and more now. "Tear rifts" are still a problem though. I manage them in the end but yesterday I got two purple enemies with skulls which one shot me. Are you supposed to come back to these later or what?

Also a gameplay question:
    When I finished the "Unfinished Business" favor, the last spirit told me to avenge his crew or something and that I would get a family heirloom as reward but the Favor didn't appear in my log and I've looked online but cannot find anything that starts in Iron Cove

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ...I'm literally so close to just buying a PS4 just for God Of War....

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Well you certainly won't be dissapointed with it, now all you have is the diliema of buying a standard or a Pro, don't you love technology. lol

10. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'd be okay with just the PS4, My TV's are only 1080p anyway and since I'd be buying the system for one or two games, just save the money and get a regular one lol.

AsiJu likes this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Yeah i said last year 4k can go suck a egg, i also said one console system only, and i remember saying my GTX970 will do me for years to come with GPU's at these silly prices........now i am sitting with a GTX1080 i use for surfing and checking Guru3d, a XBX, Ps4 Pro and a PSVR and a 4k TV.........and a sore back, arms, legs, aching shoulders and my feet are also playing up because of all the overtime i have been doing to pay for the bloody things, must be off my bloody rocker, can't we just go back to a Atari St and some £1.99 Mastertronic games, i was happy and had actual cash in my pocket back then and did not make a noise when i sat down. lol

AsiJu and vbetts like this.
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    B...but, supersampling, potentially better FPS and stuff like that? :eek: There are quite a few amazing exclusives that might interest you.

13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Mastertronic games were 1.99 on the zx spectrum

14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Not trying to get too off topic, but the ZX was also released in 82 I think? Market value and value of the dollar have kind of changed just to name a couple factors, and there are a lot more factors I'm not listing.

The human eye can't see more than 30fps don't ya know? :p

Joking aside FPS would be the only reason, but I'm buying a system for maybe one or two games...Now if I could use Hulu Live on the PS4 it would be totally different!

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Exact same thinking for me, got a regular one for my HD Ready TV.

God of War was the 4th PS4 exclusive I absolutely wanted so finally bought a PS4.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeah i mean't Amstard CPC 464, Atari St games were between £9.99 and £19.99.......;)

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Game is a work of art, it is stunning in 4k and my jaw dropped as it did when i first saw Gears of War 4 in 4k HDR, and i just reached the bifrost gate, and my jaw dropped even more, simply stunning, GOW, Gears 4, Forza and Titanfall2 are the games you show people to sell 4k HDR tv's and gaming hardware.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I just can't put this game down, not only is this such a cracking story, but the game world is simply awesome, my eys are melting with all the 4k hdr goodness, and the game also fills my OCD for collecting stuff and solving puzzles, love it, but it also points out why i just hate exclusives, because this is the type of game every gamer should be able to enjoy no matter the system and the game should also be able to bring in the max amount of money for the game devs because they deserve ever single penny for the amount of work you can see they put into this game.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    But you see, that the production values are so high and since it is a single purchase (no microtransactions, loot boxes, multiplayer, etc.), even with the great sales numbers they are having, the bottom line will not be in the billions. And modern game publishers don’t want to invest in something that isn’t chasing the success of GTA5, CoD, Fortnight, or whatever the latest, money making trend is. So it comes down to the console manufacturers to make those games, as exclusives, as they are selling consoles. And once you get the console, you are going to get other games for it, PS+ and so on. You can check the latest Jimquisition for a better version of the same statement.