1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 4

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    GOW4, Uncharted 4, Horizion and The Order 1888, all games i will get a PS4 pro for at some stage, just need to wait until it is cheap enough around the £199 mark and it is a done deal, GT sport would also have been on that list but they went the online route and i won't be getting any online subs for the PS4 because one console for that is enough, but Horizion and The Order 1888 just screams my type of game, love the look of those two games....come on some online store, do a box damaged new/other Pro for £200, i will take it. lol

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Hm, not exactly what I had hoped for. Maybe a day1 patch will solve it?

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

Sony console exclusives are the best. watching this video makes me want this game so much. so much detail , and fun in the gameplay.
    Im also glad i bought a new TV last year, its so much difference.

4. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    All the praise this game is getting makes no sense. Ther is some massive money getting thrown around by Sony.

Every video rewiew features the reviewer claiming how amazing it is and saying things that dont add up or representive with whats being shown onscreen, it doesnt look remotely impressive and the gameplay looks just as dull as any other generic AAA tile.

There are lets play channels that dont have a single review to their name but have just decided to get into reviewing for this game and like Pretty Good Gaming pointed out, all of a sudden reviewers are using wordage like "masterful composition of interlocking parts" and just using language that was never present in thier reveiws in the past. Another confusing claim is that "god of war has grown up"...eh?

I get the same vibe from this as i did HZD, an overhyped pretty game with a meh story and generic gameplay, which despite the reviews and claims, is exactly what it ended up being.

5. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I honestly regret getting a ps4pro. Pay 600 nz for it and all i got was:
    • Access to those generic games you listed and a bunch of indie trash that cost 2 to 3x as much as they cost on steam.
    • Psn is constantly crashing when trying to browse games resulting in you needing to start from the top of the page and scroll down to continue where you left off and this can happen multple times. I now dont even bother looking through psn other than sales/deals.
    • The UI is a disgrace and perfoms terribly. It just locks up and lags for whatever reason. Its not uncommon to be waiting for up to 30 seconds for the Tv & Videos tab to become responsive and let me access Youtube (the only video app i have installed).
    • The browser is constantly crashing with "There is not enough system memory", happened once while typing this. People will try and dismiss this issue with "Why use the browser at all" to which i say, why include it if its not there to be used, and why does a browser on a console that can do pretend 4k struggle with something like a browser?
    • 4k is overrated and nowhere enough game have a performance mode that lets you play at 60 fps. The 30 fps on ps4pro is as bad as 30 fps on pc its border line headache inducing.

Utterly dissapointed in this gen, and after getting burned by sony with the vita and now the ps4, i wont be buying another sony device again.

Sony has even given into the sjw crowed and refused to release a game or 2 because of their subhuman outrage genes. To top it off, the console versions of Agony are going to be censored.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  6. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    How on earth can one say that GoW 4, Horizon and Uncharted are generic games?

7. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Horizons open world suffered from Ubisoft busy work, the characters/story were boring. UC4 was just more qtes, bad gunplay and meh story compared to previous entries and GOW looks to be another bland tpsRpg button masher.

Some of us need more than pretty visuals to be entertained. For all the flack Micheal Bay gets, this gen has been nothing but style over substance. Ageneration of games to make the casual feel justified in their 4k tv purchase.

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    I have to agree with this. I still haven´t play the game but so far everything seems extremely generic. Also Kratos inclusion seems extremely forced just for marketings sake and nothing more. And the way reviewers talk about some games is getting more ridiculous by the day. If a studio releases a game with pretty graphics, a lame story mixed with some cheap drama and generic gameplay, it´s showered with praise like it´s one of the best games ever made when there are games that are much better. If reviewers are not paid for their crappy reviews, then there´s something very wrong with them...

GoW4 reminds me of Last of Us, also praised to no end but all i see is a generic 3rd person shooter with a girl to provide some story... Maybe the game proves me wrong when i play it one of these days...

I´m sorry metagamer but they are. They are good games and well made but nothing more. They really don´t add anything that others games already didn´t have before.

lucidus likes this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Well, I'll disagree with you but that's my opinion and I respect yours, of course. To each their own.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    Of course, no problem.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I have no issues with 30fps games in 4k as they simply look stunning, so bring on more 4k stuff for me, love it, but by the time i get one i won't be spending anywhere the amount you spent, that is a lot of money to be unhappy with the product, that is a bummer right there,i feel for you.

12. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ACG review "this is absolutely a buy!"

Pros:
    • Constant surprises in story and combat
    • Graphics
    • Sound
    • Music

Cons:
    • FOV can feel off at times
    • Odd enemy/environment interactions
    • Almost impossible to review without spoiling it

I'm curious about the "impossible to review without spoiling it and constant surprises in story.

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 1550/7800
    He mentions it in the beginning, Sony doesn't like anything remotely spoilery in their game reviews so it's hard for him to say much or show much I guess.
    You could say well then don't rely on Sony, but then he wouldn't get early review codes any more.

14. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    It's just that I can't remember the last game that was reviewed so spoiler free.

15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x2
    Still not convinced, although I will give Karak credit for not gushing like a 15 year old girl (unlike many other 'reviews' of this game I have seen).

Why are Sony intent on having these surreptitious yet suspiciously positive reviews out so early, it seems like a new way to con people into pre ordering if you ask me.

'Hey look, God of War is Fking amazing ... but we can't actually show you any of it because that would spoil the game'.

Yah, likely story.

I think it is a slightly above average hack and slash with exceptional presentation (graphics and sound), and that's fine but the hyperbole surrounding this game is ridiculous, I'll probably be waiting for a sale myself.

Far more excited about Battletech tbh.

PS: I just want to be very clear, I think this is probably a good game, I'm just not sold on it being as earth shattering as some reviewers seem to want us to believe it is.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) SLi
    Seems devs can't get win these days, create a great reviewing game it's apparently all lies and deceit just to get people to buy it, release reviews early and "obviously something is wrong" Hold the reviews until launch day "What are they hiding? Game probably sucks!"

So what do developers actually have to do to please people?

Personally i'd much rather go in not having the story ruined for me by reviews, i want to experience it myself and not through the eyes of someone else.

drandiiski likes this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    How about releasing a demo so we can judge by ourselves if the game is really good or not??? It´s obvious that Sony allowed reviews a week before the game goes on sale because they knew for sure that the critics were going to be favourable to them just don´t ask me how Sony was so sure of this... Anyway this way they can make a killing with pre orders and then if the game proves to be meh it won´t matter because Sony already made the money.

Games now are simply a business for companies so it´s only normal for we to be wary of this type of reviews that hype games like they something extraordinary and unique and then we play them and realize that the games are not that special...

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Wait, the game is not even out yet, i assumed it had been out for a while going by the amount of videos and reviews i had come across, yes i have been just casually glancing at it and these reviews but it never even crossed my mind it was not out yet. lol

19. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    If you have a good product, you get good reviews, obviously.

20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Probably be a demo after release just hang on if you're unsure.