God of War 4

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW

Probably one of the nicest creative directors in the industry breaks down GoW's design...funny and intriguing presentation in every way.

serbicu and XP-200 like this.
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^The only game i bought a Pro to play, and it was worth every penny, if only all games were of this quality.

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Not sure what I was smoking the first time I tried this game. I'm loving it giving it a second chance. Amazing game. Great story, great visuals, great gameplay. Not very often do I care about video game characters or much of the stories, but this one has me interested.

serbicu and anxious_f0x like this.
  4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Just finished this on Friday. What a ride. The only game I can think better this generation is Uncharted 4, from a story aspect. Visually, this was better. What a game. Games like these make me feel like a sucker for still upgrading my PC. 3rd party games don't tend to have nearly the quality of these 1st party ones. Absolutely amazing game.

serbicu and anxious_f0x like this.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    I started it last night. I have to say, this is one very, very good looking game on 4k with HDR. Quite impressed. With this and RDR2 I am going to be so busy (in a good way).

SerotoNiN and serbicu like this.
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    God of War is s perfect example of why I'm not upgrading my PC anymore and just going all in with consoles come PS5. There's a certain quality you get that PC just doesn't. Be it visuals, patch support, stability. Console exclusives are PC-killers imo.

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Well I have to admit, I played on performance mode and switched my ps4 to use 1080p instead of 4k checkerboard as RDR2 looks much sharper with 1080p (thought that is the game now the ps4).

With GOW the 4k effect is very very beautiful, but the performance mode at 60fps looks just as good to me and the smoothness is yummy.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I had finished the game a year ago and I've decided to start my NG+ because I'm quite bored with other games at the moment :)

But there is one annoying bug. I'm like 4 hours in and aura on my blades' pommel doesn't proc. It doesn't matter what pommel I assign, it's broken. Every other perks on other equipment work correctly, but blades of chaos just won't proc anything. I hope it fixes itself after the story mission, where you actually get the blades of chaos on your first playthrough, otherwise I guess I'll just stop playing.