1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 4

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Thought this and RDR2 were both over hyped garbage. New games please. And what I mean is, not a new game that's a sequel. New games please. New IP's, new gameplay, new stories.

Everyone is becoming Nintendo. Though only Nintendo can sell you the exact same Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze game on Wii, 3DS, Wii U and Switch, for full retail price and get its nuts hugged and given 5 stars by all reviewers and users. I guess at least RDR2 and God of War were true sequels and not remakes. That's the new thing. Like movies remaking all these classics due to no ideas. Gaming gets, "HD uber we're empty on ideas version SE"

Maybe we will all like this God of War game more next gen when it's God of War 4:HD 8K

BangTail likes this.
  2. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well, someone's jaded

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Geez, the game really throws everything at you now in Give Me God of War. :D The dark elf boss was a real pain fighting him on level 2. So fast and those big swings let alone the splash damage when he flies to you.

What a stunning place Alfheim the city of light. Sometimes this game feels like playing a live action movie. Especially with the fights on the towers in the lake of Nine. Some of these guys were level 4 levelling up to 5 and 6. One swing from those heavy draugr's with the red hammers, RIP. Couldn't let the frost guys level up as they constantly kept smashing the shield. Damn! but what fun throwing back the ice bursts and blowing them off their feet as well as exploding the frost defences.

A week ago when I couldn't get past the draugr pit I decided to try another new game to see what the difficulty below Give Me God of War was like. Too easy. Give Me God of War is a great challenge!

Though, how do I get out of the lake of nine to do some of the dwarf missions? Currently inside the mountain behind the glowing stag/deer statue on the concrete seat. I don't think I want to go further right now as apparently there is a Valkerie in here and they severely kick your arse I've been told. :eek:

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's probably lumbago.

Extraordinary likes this.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You're not my uncle!

lucidus likes this.
  6. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Interactive R rated Disney movie

7. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    oo00o smalltime entitled youtuber being edgy (premptively) in 2016 about a game and getting controversy point views. Such original

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Am I playing a different game to that Youtube rant?

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I gave up on the last Valkerie as i would rather have a functional joypad. Lol

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    The Queen? I'm looking forward to that after the end of the game doing "Give Me God of War" difficulty.

I'm on the mission heading to Baldur. I still need to level up a fair bit though as I've came across a few fast level 8 Draugr who whip my ass with one swing at level 6 and a half.

11. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    wrong video

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Resumed playing this game the other day and am having a blast with it even though it's slightly frustrating at times. My main problem are the Rift Tears (or whatever they're called) and purple enemies in general. One tear had these wolves which attack so fast that reaction is almost impossible. Luckily I was able to cheese them by forcing them to jump down a cliff somehow (probably a bug). The other problematic guy is a knight with a long sword. He almost exclusively does red attacks and is not staggered by my runic attacks like normal mobs. So if I use runic attacks I cannot cancel the animation meaning if I time it wrong he'll smash that sword in my face. In other words I must beat him with standard attacks (one or two attacks then dodge). Some Dark Souls frustration going on here :)

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Heh! That's truly terrifying.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Finished the game today! What a ride.

Frustrating things : Combat and some enemies (for example the stupid elves), Valkyries.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The combat is pretty good, but i remember thinking it's not quite as tight as the difficulty settings made me believe they (as in the developer) thought it was. Really close.. but slightly off.
    My main issue was the "hidden" (not really hidden tho when you spend 40-50hours in that world) loading times that are everywhere.

19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    What difficulty? I hated the dark elves more than the elf boss on Give Me God of War.

Though the battle in the hidden Jotunheim tower was extremely fun. Everyone was on fire.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I always go for "normal" so Balanced Experience in this case?