GO RAPTORS GO best shot in NBA History

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by gerardfraser, May 31, 2019.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I have not watched a basketball game in my life until this year and the Toronto Raptors in the playoffs.
    Some of the most exciting things I have ever watched in sports in these playoffs and now first time ever a Canadian Team in the finals and all starts in 40 minutes.

GO RAPTORS GO best shot in NBA History

Kawhi Leonard's Legendary Game-Winner Heard Around the World

Amaze, airbud7 and dark_surge like this.
  2. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Not even close.

Last minute of the NBA final, game 6. Bulls are 2 down. Jordan makes two free throws to tie the game.

Stockton then nails a 3 pointer. Bulls are 3 down. Jordan lays it up a few seconds later to make it a 1 point game. Jazz have the ball, it goes to Malone.

Jordan steals it and then scores an amazing 2 point shot to go 1 point ahead with 5 seconds left on the clock.

Jordan wins his 2nd three-peat. In his last game for the Bulls. With his last shot for the Bulls.

The definition of clutch

I'll never forget watching that game. It was exhausting and I'll never forget screaming like a child when MJ made that last shot. I was close to tears.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    You forget first ever game 7 winner buzzer beater in NBA HISTORY.Jordan was game 6.Not even close.
    Kawhi Leonard's Legendary Game-Winner Heard Around the World

airbud7 likes this.
  4. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Sure, it was game 6. But it was also game 6 where it was down to that shot to decide whether we go to game 7 or win a three-peat. Three-peat number 2.

And it was MJ, the GOAT. In a clutch moment. And in the last minute of that game, he scores 2 free throws to tie the game, then he lays up to go a point down, then he steals it from Malone and then he wins it with 5 seconds left on the clock to win the 2nd three-peat. It's not like he just scored that winner. There's a lot more to the story. I don't think you understand.

All eyes are on him and he does that. No contest.

airbud7 likes this.

5. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well I am Canadian,MVP Kawhi Leonard

airbud7 likes this.
  6. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    that's fair play. Did you watch the NBA back in the 90s? Just curious.

And of course, well done to the Raptors.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    No did not watch NBA ever.First time this year.
    I am a sports fan and know about MJ and the shot.It is still rated best shot ever by people but my choice is Kawhi Leonard game 7 winner first all time, for me and probably anyone who watched the best.
    I really do not care basketball but this basketball for me is exciting until Canada loss,because I am from Canada and love anything Toronto or Canada team I am 100% for Raptors and Canada.

airbud7 likes this.
  8. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I am also a bandwagon Raptors fan (I'm a hockey fan and usually watch the Maple Leafs but they let me down again this year) and watched Kawhi's miracle shot. I, along with the rest of Toronto, can now say with certainty that trading DeRozan for Leonard was the right call (I had my doubts about it when I first heard about it).

Watching the Raptors go on their historic run is a little bewildering. I'm used to Toronto sporting franchises falling flat on their face (except for TFC) but the Raptors are doing very well. To be frank, I basically gave up on the Raptors after last season's embarrassing sweep at the hands of LeBron James and the Cavaliers (yet again), and consider it fortunate that he moved to the Western Conference. The door is now wide open for a championship - and yesterday's win is a great start.

I just wish that Drake would stop embarrassing himself :p

airbud7 likes this.
  9. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Best Shot Ever was me back in 98!....we were down 102-101 and I made back to back free throws with 1 second left on the clock!.....
    airbud ftw!

[​IMG]

:D

SerotoNiN and Brasky like this.
  10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Not game 7 but this reminds me of Derek Fisher's game-winning shot in game 5. And the team immediately runs off the court to catch a plane, not even waiting to see if it's valid lol.

It's the only finals I've seen live, as I was living in the states at the time. Now I'd have to sit up until 3-5 a.m. to catch games, not happening.

airbud7 likes this.

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix

I've always been partial to this shot.

Amaze and airbud7 like this.
  12. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes I agree 100% with ya on all points you made.

@airbud7
    I did not know dogs could type [​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    I used to watch the Raptors games when Vince Carter was playing as I live right near Toronto. It's really nice to see a Canadian team doing so well (not like we have a lot of those lol).

Energy in Toronto last night was wild after the win. Amazing how many 3 pointers they were landing.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    What?...I can do 80 words per minute!

[​IMG]

:p

SerotoNiN likes this.
  15. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I didn't know they still took shots in basketball. Every time I watch a clip or run through channels, it's layups and slam dunks. Followed by inevitable fouls for having been touched by air.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Yeah it ain't what it used to be. And I'm not one of those who say MJ will never be surpassed but it's hard to take people serious when they say so and so is better, when MJ had to work twice as hard to get a shot off.
    Some games even have more foul points than straight up goals now.

SerotoNiN and airbud7 like this.
  17. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Yeah, I miss when the NBA allowed defense. Imagine those dirty Detroit Pistons of the 80's nowadays? LOL.

airbud7 and Amaze like this.
  18. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Current NBA is all about 3 pointers.

I don't really follow it too much nowadays but watched many games early in the morning from EU in the 90s. Those were the days. If Bulls didn't play, I'd be watching Buffalo Sabres in the NHL till 4am. Bulls play offs were so f*cking good back in the day.

Everyone tried to beat MJ but they couldn't. Every clutch moment, all eyes an him, the entire defence trying to defend against him and we always came out on top. GOAT.

19. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That just happened.CHAMPS.

20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Awesome game, Go Raptors! Toronto is lit right now.