gluxMark2 - new OpenGL/OpenCL benchmark

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by jam.mer, May 14, 2010.

1. jam.mer

jam.mer Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon 4650 1GB
    Greetings to all gurus!

I'd like to introduce you a new benchmark i'll bet you never heard before because i'm releasing it right now :)
    It's an OpenGL/OpenCL benchmark inspired by other 3D Marks and uses some of the new features from OpenGL 3.2. Engine is synthetic, so don't expect results similar to real-life performance. And because it's one-man work, don't expect some Crysis-like killer graphics :) (some screenshots can be found HERE)

Requirements are some nice card with shader model 4.0 (thus DX10 support), CPU and RAM aren't important. It should run not only on Windows (XP,Vista,7), but also on Linux OS. Most important thing of all, you need newest drivers with OpenGL 3.2 support.

You can download the application HERE with some instructions and manual HERE. On the same page is located simple results browser and statistics, where you can upload results and see your ranking.

Why am I doing this? First of all, it's my master's thesis, so I need some performance results . Second, I wanted to show what is OpenGL performance in rendering advanced effects like HDR, AO, instancing and so on. Third, it's possible to compare performance between Windows/Linux.

I would be very grateful for your uploads and I hope that you will like my "product" :)

PS: sorry for mistakes in my English

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I gotta say, that might have to be the new stress test.

It actually made my card whine in a couple of the tests. Nothing else has done that.

3. pcgamers

pcgamers Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080Ti FE
    OP, your software didn't recognize multi GPU setup? your bench only utilize one of my GPUs when running the benches...

4. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    Rather well made bench that not enough OpenCL/GL benches around let alone games I uploaded my results good luck with the course.

5. jam.mer

jam.mer Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon 4650 1GB
    No, it don't recognize multiGPU because during development I didn't have the opportunity to test program on multiGPU configurations, so optimization is left entirely on drivers... maybe I'll add this support later, when I get my hands on such system :)

btw thanks to all for the results :)

6. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Would you then recommend trying different .exe names? Would that potentially help?

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    looks interesting!

here is my score:nerd:
    [​IMG]

8. jam.mer

jam.mer Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon 4650 1GB
    Definitelly not, renaming .exe helps only when drivers are optimized for certain application. And I really don't think that ATI or nVidia optimized drivers for my application yet :).
    However, what could help is to set manually multiGPU profiles. I think nVidia has those settings in drivers (you can set various SLI modes like SFR, AFR or more).

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Obviously they're not optimized for your .exe, but sometimes renaming a game to oblivion.exe can give better crossfire performance than otherwise.

But you probably know more about it.

10. robbo01247

robbo01247 Member

GPU:
    gtx 650
    Very good benchmark i must say,my score was 8222.08 with a single gpu on a gtx295.
    I have uploaded results will try later on my triple 5870 rig see if i can get multigpu too work .

11. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    not bad for one-man bench program. downloading now

do i need to install the patch as well?

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  12. powerspec

powerspec Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 580 OC and GT 430
    Results from my laptop.
    [​IMG]

I'll run it again on my desktop once I get home from work.

13. jam.mer

jam.mer Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon 4650 1GB
    Currently multiGPU is not working, it could work maybe when you set some CF profile manually. If somebody knows how to optimize OpenGL application for multiGPU, let me know :)
    No, patch is included also in archive.

14. gloves085

gloves085 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Pwned!

LOL, Sli does work :banana: just added the 3 .exe to nvcp as I didn't know which one called the sub-progs.

I'm enjoying it while I can, I'm sure someone else will get Sli working on a tri or quad setup :wanker:

http://www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xvanek29/gluxmark2/index.php?page=results&preset=H

It's a score of 19674.30 on the High-End setting btw and my rig wasn't exactly in Benchmark mode as you can tell by the single gpu non-oc score further down the list.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  15. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i was too lazy to close other running programs :p

[​IMG]

16. Janekxx

Janekxx Member

GPU:
    Ati HD2600
  17. jam.mer

jam.mer Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon 4650 1GB
    It's hard to say what can cause the problem... does it happen also when running in fullscreen? Other cause can be performance monitor... I've seen sometimes my program doesn't like FRAPS in some tests, maybe that can be an issue as well.
    Really impressive score :). Did you setup SLI profile manually? I wonder which mode is best for OpenGL app.

BTW I'm planning to move pages somewhere else (probably sourceforge), "school hosting" really sucks (there are some problems with XML uploads, fortunately results are stored in database)

And thank you all again for results :)

18. gloves085

gloves085 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Yes all I did was add the apps gluxmark2.exe, bench.exe and bench_nocl.exe to nvidia cp and set all at AFR1.

I had a ton of monitoring apps and other stuff in the background so the score could easily be improved on. I left all other setttings in NvCp as standard although I do up my renderahead to 6 frames as I'm running Sli.

19. jam.mer

jam.mer Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon 4650 1GB
    Looking at the results, does really everyone in here have GeForce GTX 470/480 or Radeon 5800 and nothing else? :D

20. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Application fails to run on my system, reports that my display resolution is unsupported. This may be because I am using a multi monitor setup, not sure.

Uh, also strange it reports my hardware as a Core 2 Duo T9400 and a Quadro FX 770M. Using hardware in my sig.