1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GLQuake Timedemo Benchmark -- for the Real Hardcore Types

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by Size_Mick, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    So I'd like to see some results from the hardcore overclockers of high end, cutting edge systems. Using default settings at 640x480 and the id software release of GLQuake (Quake shareware or full game required), give me the benchmark info of demo 1. You'll want to run it several times successively and post the best score (the first run is not usually the best), and if you feel like doing the math, the average.

Back in the day, when I built my first 3dfx Voodoo 1 rig, complete with an overclocked P166, GLQuake was was really the gold standard in 3D gaming for a time. I seem to recall that most hardware and overclocking sites were using it to compare cards and systems. How do modern rigs compare? I'm curious to know. On mine I seem to be able to get around 2566 fps. but that might not be my max since I'm running a bunch of background stuff (including two other 3D games) at the moment.

The best news, though, is GLQuake still runs under Win10 with current drivers! The only thing you'll have to figure out is how to install the base game, since I believe the installer was a DOS-only affair.

2. ktg523

ktg523 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GT730
    My max benchmark score was 1428.4fps on a GT-730 graphics card and FX6300 processor.