Girlfriend leaving country

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Rumpus01, Jun 13, 2013.

1. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Where in the middle east?

2. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    If you actually are soul mates, long distance can work. It just needs effort from both of you. People saying LD can't work clearly haven't put enough effort in or were just with the wrong person.

Talk with her, voice your concerns, see how she responds. Based on that you'll know if she considers you to be "the one" or not.

Moving with her is an option, but for a 2 year relationship not sure its the best option.

Breaking up and waiting for her to come back later, I don't think that works. Things change when you break up with someone.

3. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    thanks again.

Most of these replies have been pretty harsh and seem to misunderstand our relationship which is perfectly logical since you don't know us.

I think we could make long distance work but I don't know if that would just make things harder.

It's not like she's moving on without me and doesn't care about me... this has always been her dream and I am not going to be the one that gets in the way, and she is already talking about how difficult it is going to be leaving because of me.

And you guys are saying throw my life away as if I have anything established LOL. I have a job now but it is done as soon as I graduate... The field I am studying is not very promising for a high paying job at the moment. She has made me a better and happier person over the years from making me go out and about and exploring and adventuring.

So the way I see it, it's not like I'd be leaving much here except for all my gear... She just doesn't want me to go there just for her if it will make me unhappy.

All things aside, I am obsessed with computers LOL. Sounds like I would need one DAMN strong laptop to take overseas if I want to continue my 3d / graphic design studies.

It is a toughie but i suppose it is true that 3d is a bit of an obsession of mine that I'd like to make a career. That probably won't happen as easily if I go with her. But I would definitely say I care about her more than computers and art.

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Give a certain someone her name so she gets put on a no fly list...

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    HeavyHemi has the right idea lol.

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    That... is brilliant my man.

7. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Sometimes, men don't get it.

Alright, if she wants to travel the world, go with her. If you go with her, if she wants you to go that is, you'll be strengthened for it.
    The hustle and bustle of traveling? Tell me more about what tv shows and video games you'll be playing, sitting at home wasting away.

Long distance won't work, unless you're willing to visit her every other month.
    Breaking up would most likely be final.

So go with her, don't hold her back. And don't let fear hold you back.

And when you get back from the travels together, propose.

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    If it works, it works.
    If not, go get some strange.

This is a college relationship? Meh.

9. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    there's a saying that's about a butterfly and if you let her go and she comes back shes yours forever. Be careful though loving a woman is a tough job and is never easy, you have to give To receive. But it's worth it in the long run.

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    This. If you truly love & care for her then go for it. What have you got to lose?

Remember, in the future, you can ALWAYS return to your home country.

Do what your heart tells you to do.

If it was me and I really loved a girl, I would leave my home country without hesitation.

With regards to a long distance relationship, forget it as it won't work. Apart from speaking about the same $hit everyday & phone sex, what is the point? Sooner or later you'll get bored of it & phone calls will minimize. Eventually you or your parter will see someone on the side or have another relationship.

Very rarely can long distance relationships work. Also, how will you know if your far away parter is faithful or not? You could be on the phone to her one day & at the same time she is being pounded. You will never know if she is having another relationship as you will never see what she is doing.

Since she will be lonely surely she will meet other guys outside & sleep around.

Either go with her or end the relationship, no other solution.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

11. Supernoob2286

Supernoob2286 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE SLI 2GB
    Well i think in the time you two have apart, (from when she leaves to when you graduate and leave or don't leave) that you will have a little better idea of what you want to do and whats going to happen. Just sayin, you will be able to tell how you feel about each other after some time apart. You'll probably either be dying to see each other or it won't really be that bad.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    As much as u might not like it, i think its over dude. Clearly she wants to do her own thing and doesnt really take you into account. If she wanted something serious and long term she wouldnt just go and she would try to find a solution. Sad times dude.

Get yourself 780 and start saving up for new games, you wont have time for gf once they are all out :p

13. StealBalls

StealBalls Banned

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Disable VSYNC.

What res do you play at?

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Vsync disabled. Res 1920X1080. :roll:

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, get titan SLI, triple monitor setup. Disable Vsync.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I would consider going out, meeting new people a better idea.

Sure the OP is still quite young, healthier mentally to go out and dip his wick than stay at home and game.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Don't know man, a titan SLI beats any girl out there. Especially with Vsync off. But yeah, shagging around is fun.

18. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    truf

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    She doesn't want him to go. Even if she did, it would never work. But she doesn't.

20. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Stay together, keep the contact. First month is bad, then it gets pretty easy. You don't have to break up or anything, just be clear that you'll want to stay in the relationship. You can also go visit her/she can visit you doing holidays, or travel together if you can save some penny for it.

Think of it as a "break" in the relationship, but don't go fooling around with other girls and all that.

Finish your school and let her follow her dreams. You're both still young. ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013