1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 resets DRAM voltage after sleep

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Öhr, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The issue
    Going into standby and waking up sometimes resets the "DRAM Channel A/B Voltage" to the default of ~1.2V. The bug in action: (Sorry about that shoddy camera work)

How to reproduce
    1. Go in BIOS and set some non-default "DRAM Channel A/B Voltage", such as 1.3V.
    2. Boot and open some voltage monitoring software like HWinfo to check DRAM voltage and confirm RAM voltage is around the one you set
    3. go into standby aka sleep
    4. wake up
    5. check DRAM voltage (if it didn't reset to ~1.2V, repeat steps 3 to 5, may take dozens of attempts)
    6. The voltage stays at 1.2V even if you reboot. Only saving (unchanged) BIOS settings again fixes it temporarily

BIOS versions tested
    F4g, F4 and the latest F5 BIOS are all affected.
    Previous BIOS versions untested.

I already contacted Gigabyte support but no helpful responses just yet, only the usual troubleshooting (reflash BIOS, use our bloatware to check voltage, etc.).

In case you are sporting a AM4 Gigabyte board with non standard memory voltage, would you please test it as well? Maybe you already experienced instability after waking up your PC before?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    quite a common issue with Gigabyte bios, keep pushing the support till you get an actual engineer on the case.

3. G13Homi

G13Homi Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 2x xfx
    new owner here ( Gaming 5 ), i will try to test this out this week with my Corsair 3200.

4. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I assume you verify in bios that it also reset back there as well? When you resume from sleep you show the voltage change in the software, but does it also reflect that change in the bios? What if you exit the software and reopen it? You are positive it's not just a software issue?

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
    I have seen this problem before , it is a bios issue. Contact Gigabyte support and ask them for a fix.

6. DKU

DKU New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hello, I had the same problem, but I figured it out. Mobo Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gamming, F3 BIOS (RAM Volt 1.35).
    1. You need to turn off Hybrid Sleep from PowerPlan.
    2. In CMD: powercfg -h off (check if hiberfil.sys on system volume is gone).
    3.Restart and make a sleep test, the DRAM Volt will be the same as before.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Still a bios issue.

8. G13Homi

G13Homi Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 2x xfx
    Update... I am running bios F3 for about a month without being g able to reproduce this issue on aorus 5 version. But I also do not allow my drives to hibernate either.