Gigabyte users!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by oddwaytoolive, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Wow did not know that. That's nice. Guess that's what Nvidia gets for the **** that they are trying to pull with MSI.

2. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    Yep, I'm pretty much sold on the evga.. I just hope i can get my hands on a Classified 780 Ti..

It should last me till im ready too build a new rig and then some.

3. TPBoyd

TPBoyd Member

GPU:
    780Ti Classified
    I just got mine a week or two ago and am extremely impressed. It's as good as everyone says it is. :rock:

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Only if you intend to remove the block. EVGA only offers cards with the default heatsinks afaik and they're lousy at best.
    As the card isn't any cheaper than other cards, a new heatsink would add to the price.
    For watercooling I'd always use EVGA, but for everyone on air there's better cards around.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Nope check again. EVGA has their new ACX coolers, and the classy's has always used a custom vapor chamber cooler now it has the ACX as well. EVGA also does not void your warranty for putting a different cooler on afaik.

6. Gabranth

Gabranth Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti @ 1305 MHz
    Had to RMA my 780 ti OC and I'm currently waiting for a replacement. The card had green artifacts during 3d mark11, probably memory issues.

I should receive a new card tommorow, or early next week... Here is hoping it doesn't have the same problem. This is my first Gigabyte card, and by my experience it's hard to recommend it. I'd go with something else, unless you wanna jump the RMA-train.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    @loophole: Ok, if they have different blocks now that's good. As I said, they're the only ones that allow changes made to the cooling system without voiding the warranty.
    I've never seen them use different blocks before though, apart from their factory watercooled models.

8. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    where did you find one at,most sites are all sold out:(

9. TPBoyd

TPBoyd Member

GPU:
    780Ti Classified
    I got mine from Newegg but they're sold out now.

10. prophet^

prophet^ Member

GPU:
    gainward gtx 970 SLI
    gigabyte 780ti stock here, no problems so far, runs fine in 1150/1900, would grab a card with a differenc cooler if i bought it today though, gonna grab a accelero IV soon

11. ancientGHz

ancientGHz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    ----

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Lightning is a much different VRM design compaired to reference. The gaming is a reference PCB.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    If the card is too loud -> did you check the heatsink? My older Windforce block has 3 heatpipes that go right above the GPU. Only two of them had contact by default though.
    Even with the full power target of 112% and full overclock (1283MHz and +500 for the RAM), the card never goes above 65°C (while staying quiet!).

14. Gabranth

Gabranth Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti @ 1305 MHz
    Getting a new Gigabyte 780 ti OC tommorow. I hope it doesn't have the same problem.... knowing my luck I will have to RMA a 2nd card. :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  15. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    good luck gabranth .. let us know how it goes,

16. Gabranth

Gabranth Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti @ 1305 MHz
    Thanks. :)

And I will.

EDIT: I got the new card and there are zero problems with this one. I can even clock it further than the standard without artifacts, im quite glad with it.:)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  17. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    Sounds good Gabranth :) what monitor are you using?

18. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    I've had my 780Ti Windforce SLI for almost a week and so far so good.

19. Gabranth

Gabranth Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti @ 1305 MHz
    Hey. I spoke to soon, I'm once again getting the artifacts in 3DMark 11. However, I spoke with the store via email and I will be getting EVGA 780 Ti Superclocked instead. For anyone thinking about buying Gigabyte 780 ti, I hope you will see my post about this, and save yourself from the RMA train. I should've done research before going Gigabyte.

Gigabyte seems to have some serious quality issues here are some thing i've gathered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdhtwShWmM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dvag7ckS4s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jflrp9E5wI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njjEf38YVMs
    http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=3584
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ndforce-gv-n78toc-3gd-oc-bad-batch-/?offset=4
    http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=13730.0

In every post above the problem is the same, most likely defective vram. If this doesn't change your mind about getting Gigabyte 780 ti, I don't know what will. 2nd card lasted me about a week, until I once again got green artifacts in 3DMark 11, the only way to make those vanish is to dowclock the memory which isn't what I bought this card for. This will be the last gigabyte product I will ever buy, I'm not even going to touch their MOBOS. I'm sure getting EVGA will make all my problems disappear.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  20. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    Thanks for the update gabrantn sorry for your luck man,

Glad I went with a evga 780 classy for sure now