Gigabyte users!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by oddwaytoolive, Feb 16, 2014.

1. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    I'm looking at picking up a gigbyte card gtx 780 ti and would like too know your thoughts about the card and the company and sure i just go with the GV-N78TOC-3GD or wait and hope to get my hands on this card GV-N78TGHZ-3GD?

2. beseitfia

beseitfia Active Member

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    I have two gtx780 ghz edition..One of them is not stable at factory clock and the other one seems stable, but i wouldn t reccommend gigabyte cards to anyone..A lot of people, like me, seems to having troubles with gtx780/gtx780ti oc/ghz...I think it's better msi or EVGA

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I had GTX 780 GHz... Skip Gigabyte. It had fan rattling, coil whine and was really noisy.

4. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    had lots of gigabyte cards they were all ok even bought a SOC edition poor overclocker now I buy EVGA for the warranty

5. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    Yeah I have had good luck with evga,

do they have any none reference pcb and cooling cards?

the SOC is a reference PCB with the ACx cooling ?

6. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    Well I have came down to the following
    EVGA 03G-P4-2884-KR GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked
    or
    EVGA 03G-P4-3788-KR GeForce GTX 780 Classified
    I' been searching and reading and watching videos and im not the "Ti" is worth the extra 150 or not!

I have not had a nvidia card since the GTX6800, It was the BFG card

7. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    I'm on Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce OC.
    As @Anarion said already - fans really noisy. But I don't care because I'm playing in my Tiamat's :D

8. oddwaytoolive

oddwaytoolive Member

GPU:
    evga 780 classy
    Would the fans be noisy while sitting in idle or under load and are you at stock speeds ?

I not ruled out a gigabyte, but evga is a good company.

9. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    No noise in idle. And I'm using custom fan curve for keeping my GPU temp at <70c

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Don't touch Gigabyte cards. My Gigabyte 7970 was awful.

11. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I've bought Gigabyte cards for a LONG time now, never had a problem with them. My current card is a beast too, and I don't hear any adverse noise from it...

12. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    I'm sure it's just bad luck but my only experience of Gigabyte cards is a 560 Ti which was not stable at factory clocks.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Surprised to see so many negative comments about them, but yeah, I'll never touch anything gigabyte again.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Gigabyte is like a sore rash that just wont go away.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Mine was noisy in idle because fan rattled without it it would have been silent though this Radeon TF is just as silent. In load fan speed went to 3000RPM and temperature went up to 80c. Max fan speed with my current card has been little over 2000RPM and the temperature has been below 80c. And this is supposed to be the hothead... Says something about windforce cooler. I have open headphones so noise matters. Oh and the horrible coil whine made it even noisier.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I think 4 or 5 of my friends have the same Windforce card I have myself and every one of them had bad contact between heatsink and card.
    After lapping/sanding the blocks the cards were much much cooler and stayed quiet even under heavy load. They're even great overclockers then.

But yes, the fans will start to rattle at some point. Can't say others wouldn't, as the bearing simply can't live long being upside down, but it's a definite problem.
    If you don't mind the sanding and have a good dealer, with good support, I'd definitely recommend these cards.

17. gunrunner

gunrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    My 780 ti non ghz edition works great. 69.4 asic reading but can run up to 1,270mhz core playing BF4 and stay 70c or lower around 70% fan curve. Think I have it set to around +106mhz since it does around 1,150mhz boost without touching it.

Some games it will crash if it boosts higher than 1,230mhz, probably could fix that by disabling boost, not sure how though, no option when using EVGA precision.

Some games like dark souls if I run it at stock settings and 60fps frame cap, it will not go higher than 48c, while even using Nvidia Shadowplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odtsogryf3w

The ends of the heatpipes are very hot, which means heat is transferring all the way to the end for good dissipation. I definitely enjoyed my purchase, its even cheaper now.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Have a Gigabyte 690 since launch day, no problems here, overclocks much more than the MSI that i had. Cant really fault EVGA though but you will get good and bad experiences with all as things break down no matter what brand is on them, you can only go by your own experience.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    EVGA > All

Afaik...

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I've had no issues with my ASUS cards at all. No coil whine, noise, fan issues, notta.

Seems that the 600 series was good for Gigabyte, but I've seen a lot of issues around the web with their 700 series. Be it BIOS or hardware related.