Gigabyte Sucks!!! I will no longer recommend them!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Super XP, Oct 15, 2008.

1. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Oddly enough...Im waiting on a RMA on my gigiabyte motherboard. But I still think it is a very reputable brand. But at the same time i have to admit that there RMA service is complete trash. You pretty much have to be very forward with their customer service when speaking to them in order for them to understand when things are simply misfunctioning.

Im suppose to be receiving my motherboard this week and continue to send an email on a daily basis nagging them about it lol....

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    hmmm ive got a novel idea, how about start a new relevant thread?

3. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Gigabyte boards are blue so of course they suck. ASUS FTW.

4. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Asus sucks too my mobo died in 3 days. Then I RMA'd it. Asus M4N78 Pro

5. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    Not trying to flame but, isnt that a silly reason not to like it?

6. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    My old mobo's a Gigabyte. G33m I forgot the model number.

I guess it was okay. Yes it lacks the features like saving bios settings but then probably cause it's just an matx size? I dunno.

In any case cos of chipset limitations i finally got this one.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    How exactly is discussion of Gigabyte in a Gigabyte thread not relevant?
    Even if this thread was 10 years old, its all the same.

8. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    I have NEVER done RMA to manufacturer directly. Why? Its 100x faster and simpler to do it with the retailer. I get my stuff replaced in a week.

I rank ASUS and Gigabyte very high in terms of quality. I have had more than 10 ASUS boards, and couple Gigabytes. All great.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  10. memorex11218

memorex11218 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Kingpin 780Ti
    Lol ^

I don't know for some strange reason all of the ASUS boards I have ever owned (this started when P4 just came out) either died on me or just ran unstable but Gigabite always pulled through. I guess I just got lucky then. The worst however was MSI for me.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Ive only had bad experiences with EVGA. :)

12. DGordon

DGordon Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3850 512mb
    I have been with Gigabyte for about 4 years my board before that was an Albatron lmfao. The board was so bad that the ram latches would pop out if both ends of the module didnt go in at the exact same time. Never had a problem with gigabyte although I was not a fan of the Bios features in the GA 965 DS3 mobo I had but this UD4p is great

13. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    isnt it obvious? the original discussion was about one users specific issues/opinions with a gigabyte mb. id say that issue has resolved itself by now...if we need a gb lovefest thread start one lol.

14. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
    I'm on my second GB motherboard in 6 years and they have both been excellent, as have the 4 Asus boards I have owned.

In terms of service, I thought I had a problem with my old P5K Dx and Asus SUCKED at trying to sort it for me.....thankfully I discovered that Vista was the problem and not the motherboard, but it did leave a bad memory of their assistance.

15. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I've never had a problem with Gigabyte, in response to the OP though... roflmao, fail.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    LOL. I couldnt give a rats arse what color the mobo is, even if it was sh*t brown with pink ram slots, if its a decent board I'll take it.

17. Calef

Calef Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    Without a doubt both ASUS and Gigabyte boards are quality parts and most users are happy with their ones. I had both ASUS boards and Gigabyte boards and never encountered a problem with one of them. But honestly, we're talking about quality brands, so it is allways simply bad luck when you have problems with them.

The more interesting point is in my opinion what actually happens when you encounter a problem. We here horrible storys about both Gigabyte and ASUS when it comes to RMA and we here about excellent work on both sides, too.
    And that's where I can only recommend RMAing to the reseller, not directly to the manufacturer, since it is normally faster and when it is a good shop you will most likely encounter less problems, since they do all the technical stuff theirselves.

18. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    You guys realise that the OP hasn't been back to Guru3D since 10-28-2008 when he posted again on this thread. I feel bad, even though I hadn't posted previously...

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He probably only joined to bad mouth Gigabyte anyway, wouldn't be surprised if he did it on a few forums, so no-one should feel bad.

20. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I won't take Gigabyte boards. I'm not a baby blue person. I like black boards only.