Gigabyte Sucks!!! I will no longer recommend them!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Super XP, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Super XP

Super XP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    Never Again Gigabyte - I will no longer recommend them!!!

My issues? Just read bellow. This has been the absolute WORST experience I've ever encountered in regards to computers. I will no longer buy or recommend a Gigabyte product ever again. I will also post this experience on News Groups and Forums so that people may judge for themselves whether to ever buy into Gigabyte.

I want my money back or I want a complete replacement with a different model number motherboard based on the SB750 chipset. Plain and Simple. I've had enough

----------- READ BELLOW ----------

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I didnt bother reading all of that, but as a manufacturer, i wouldnt refund you any amount past 30 days...
    Im not sure ive ever seen a person with "considerable experience" complain that much or even go through the hassle to try to ruin a company's reputation. Lame.
    Do your research before buying something. Dont buy something because it has a pretty box for example >_>
    I still wouldnt buy Gigabyte anyway because their mobo's remind me of random colored Legos or Twizzlers put together.

3. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF EVO 5700XT
    maybe if you detailed exactly what you have done in the way of troubleshooting instead of just saying "I already tried everything you suggested along with many more techniques" you might get a bit of a better response from them.
    I mean if some guy started saying they have tried many techniques to solve an issue with a system i put together for them i would want specific details of what they had done before recommending what to do next, ie. more tests, rma, etc.
    You also need to understand that almost all helpdesk people are trained to tell you to run certain tests, use certain settings, etc. before passing anything on to anyone that actually knows anything, because 90% of the issues they deal with can be resolved in a simple way.

4. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    LOL i cant think of anything else but LOL.....

5. alias716

alias716 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB
    I didn’t read any of that either, but I agree to a percent. Theyre a reputable brand, but I am going for Asus/XFX products next time.

6. 7DayTheory

7DayTheory Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
    I've also had problems since day 1,with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Rev 1.0.
    Gives me lots of memory problems..never again Gigabyte,I am going Asus next time.

7. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Everyone saying how Asus is better... just wait until you have to deal with their customer support, you'll quickly realise there is no such thing.

8. AsubstanceD

AsubstanceD Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX
    I second this, I had the worst expiriences ever with ASUS and would not buy from them again. I have to say I have had nothing but good expiriences with gigabyte, though I would consider buying EVGA or XFX next time. THe thing about alot of these big companies is that the support seems completely detached from reality.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I think I've come across xxxx brand mobo suck topics of every brand I can think of. Heres an Asus Sucks one :p

10. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Giga vs. Asus. The war has begun.

btw the mobo in my sig has been flawless except for the fact it likes to reset my OC settings even when everything is stable. I'm now using an asus 750i board for sli and am having probs even at stock(i've crapped your thread). Although the problems may have more to do with it being an nvidia board or even that I'm using Vista 64 for the first time and it seems finicky.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008

11. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    Asus aint so great either.
    then again any mainboard has its issues.
    i got dpc spiking issues for example with mine.

12. Super XP

Super XP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    I've been in contact with Gigabyte and I already replied to them with specific details in what I did. That one tech support person already told me this motherboard has been a headache for them.

I've done months of research and most reviews gave this motherboard a positive. So I got it.

Don't blame me for Gigabytes incompetence and lack of support. I’ve posted this so that people may form there own opinion.

13. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    1. Funny how u didnt post anything bout that board giving gigabyte headaches.

2. If you really did months of reasearch, then how come u picked AMD X4 processor over a core duo or a quad core intel (peformacne wise) and then u pick that mobo which i looked at and seems pretty lame.

Close this slanderous **** down now

14. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    Super XP, in an attempt to be as fair and impartial as possible, the benefit of the doubt is with both you and Gigabyte.

Fair enough, you've had issues. But at the same time, Gigabyte had been responding so you can't really get angry at them. Secondly, if they've admitted that this particular board was problematic, they weren't trying to con you or anything.

I've been using a Gigabyte board now for over 8 months...and it performs absolutely fine. I've even updated my BIOS with their latest revision....so perhaps they don't update as often as ASUS, but maybe that implies that Gigabyte boards (for the exception of this one) aren't in such dire states that they require constant updating like Asus. On top of that, they update their BIOS's in correcting SERIOUS bugs and including new processors.

I've read through your post and, i'm sorry to say, you came off a little impatient....and perhaps you should've done something about it the first few days (or weeks) that you were experiencing this. Look, this is not to imply that you're not knowledgeable...you were giving them a chance...fair enough.

Look, there's no need to take this SO personally and slander a company that has been serving good quality products for a long time now...they wouldn't be around today if they didn't....

So, you had a bad experience with this one board.....sorry about that. But no need to get too upset. I'm sure if you communicate with them, something can be organized.

If you wanna stick with AMD, get a board that they recommend. If you're going with Intel, same thing....do some research or ask them for advice.

Even i'm quite fluent and knowledgeable with computers, but I have my moments. :)

Don't stress out, dude.

r2rX :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  15. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    well when i rma'd my gigabyte board they sent it back to me in worse condtion the box was dented like mad i hate how gigabyte pack their boards in plastic its not exactly good for transporting plus it takes ages to get gigabyte boards to run stable im afraid x48 will be my last ever gigabyte product.

16. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    What about MSI? :p

17. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    Buy asrock, not super duper like asus, but the two mobos I have from them are fast as the others and cost alot less!! You just need to look for the right one in all they have, and they have a lot of them!!!

18. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Intresting - i've heard many a bad thing about asrock on this very forum.

For the record, my experience with Evga has been pleasant.

19. alias716

alias716 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB
    I’ve never had any issues with any tech support. Between the two, I’ve probably called maybe 4 or 5 times total. Questions always get answered. I don’t mean to bash gigabyte too hard, but Gigabyte boards are the only ones i’ve ever had where the DIMM sockets and the 20+4 pin sockets on are ridiculously difficult to slide anything into. I mean like one size too small.

20. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Correct, I certainly won't be buying their motherboards again. :)