Gigabyte Starts Distributing New Ryzen 5000 Firmware Updates for B550 and X570

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Not a bad decision either, F30 or a stable F31A to O version until Gigabyte gets these issues sorted properly. :)
    These are two fairly rapid deployments after all with the P and Q versions so with the holidays and such coming up maybe there will be something for early January next year and a finalizing of this bios version.

EDIT: Well that or Q is determined to be stable enough and a F31 could follow shortly but more testing would probably be ideal with the current issues and all making sure that's resolved fully.

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Im on b550 so current bios is f11. I can't flash it tho.

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    Why?

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I think it errors out from earlier posts in this topic, something on Gigabytes end and the bios file I presume so there will need to be a newer set if the latest F11's didn't work.
    Glad Gigabyte is fixing this up, sounds like a few vendors and even AMD rushed things a bit and it didn't really work out too well.

AMD = The various AGESA issues resulting in the A to D patches for 1.1.0.0 and the buggy nature of 1.1.8.0 hopefully resolved when 1.1.9.0 is ready for bios incorporation or how to call it.

Later in January I would expect, of course I wouldn't know when to expect bios updates with this code and then how long these might be in beta testing, various issues and what not.
    If AMD's already planning for 1.2.0.0 then 1.1.9.0 could have some quirks too or just focus more on fixes less on additional features though that wouldn't really be bad either.
    (Getting existing well just about everything really working nicely first then starting up new features and getting these tested and stable. :D )

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I have no idea. Tried 3 metods. None work. Result in bricked bios.

6. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    Return it

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Works perfect with f10. I have no rational reason to make claim. This f11 bios is surprise.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    More of what these latest bios updates do and info on the situation in general. :)
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page835#post976143

Other vendors should also have the 1.1.9.0 AGESA code if AMD's started to send out builds of it and if things go well early to mid January should see hopefully a more stable AGESA code overall though 1.1.0.0 Patch D sounds like it's OK at least after these patches.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...dors/gigabyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios

Looks like the bios files are out of beta again.
    Suppose with the 1.1.9.0 AGESA code coming through that's going to start up the next as F32A hopefully fairly soon and less rocky than the F31's and the 1.1.0.0 code and boot loader was.

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...abyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page843

F31 for the X570 and F11 / F12 for the B550
    Bios date of December 30th so an additional 12 days for either final testing or some tweaking compared to the last beta version.

Meaning there could be changes though the bios release notes aren't up yet or it could just be the final round of testing and promoting the beta to final changing the version number so it doesn't have that letter denoting a beta anymore.
    (Some last additional tweaks would be nice though but I'm not expecting much just resolving the issues that got it pulled last time test for a while and then re-release it as final.)

EDIT: New update (A new beta.) for the Z490 Aorus Master too.

INSTG8R likes this.
  10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Im crossing my fingers for f12 bios i hope i can get 2000 fclk. My friend has asus b550 and he managed to push 2000fclk in hus 5600x on agesa 1.1.9.0

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah I heard AMD's trying to stabilize 1800 infinity fabric and higher, 1900 to 2000 even so holding up to what one of the AMD staff was saying about possibly hitting up to 2000 if your CPU and RAM can work with this plus the motherboard because even with AMD's recommended and standards the defaults vary a bit, still learning though but picking up a few bits. :)
    One regarding Gigabyte was that they tend to push a more aggressive fclk and then higher SOC voltage which it's 1.0 to 1.1 whereas Gigabyte is at around 1.1 up to 1.2 although their motherboards can handle this.
    (Lets see it then scales here and the actual requested and value the user gets will then differ but it's good to use monitoring software that can accurately measure this value so you know where it's at.)

Other models well it's apparently common to encounter PCI Express 4.0 issues and compatibility problems with higher numbers here even if the max tolerable should be higher the actual stable value can vary.
    Need to see about the other reported problems and then there's quirks around AGESA or vendor specific issues USB connectivity and responsiveness and then a common CMOS reset issue even on stock systems so no XMP or extra voltages in effect.

Reading a bit about MSI and Asus early beta experiences on 1.1.9.0 it does look like 1900 infinity fabric clock speeds and DDR4 3800 to 4000 is possible although above I think it's 1877 somewhere you might encounter errors or instability so either there's more AMD could do or it's down to the users hardware until the next generation of processors or the refresh if it includes changes to the chip and memory controller in any way.
    (The big IO unit on the CPU I think as long as the RAM's solid for these speeds.)

Guessing you have a whole bunch of separate little factors and something AMD could either try tweaking with the code or a new process or the newer hardware and general improvements will see things stabilize even ahead of the high-speed DDR5 kits and motherboards and CPU's utilizing these.
    (First generation of that could have it's own early issues though probably expected there's going to be a few things that will get worked out over time.)

Not very good at that enthusiast overclocking myself though but I find it very impressive what can be accomplished above AMD's fairly conservative 3200 and 1600 IF speeds.
    XMP not always being very complete for the on-board profiles, three sets of timings and then voltages and a whole lot about the memory ranks, topology and that plus the number of kits used. :D
    (The basics are fairly easy keep it dual channel for performance but then how much the rest stresses or works the memory controller will be a very important factor for further tuning.)

Well new bios version out, figured with the AGESA, AMD's boot loader or at least Gigabyte and their tweaking the various bugs and issues it's a good idea to keep updating at least a bit and hopefully 1.1.0.0 Patch D and this finalized version is going to be stable in most conditions with 1.1.9.0 working out any remaining problems and maybe improving Zen3 compatibility a bit particularly older motherboard types and these additional features with PBO2(Now with curve optimizer.) and the memory compatibility and stability which yeah it's not always easy even with solid hardware due to these inconsistencies or firmware bugs and what not even without pushing things to their limits. :)

EDIT: Eh that'll do. Not the best with explanations and not trying to make it overly lengthy ha ha.

Will be interesting to see if AMD can stabilize 1800 to 1900 with this latest code.
    Some tweaking and optimizing and users might even reach infinity fabric 2000 clock speeds and syncing with DDR4 4000 kits, would be really impressive.

And resolving these little bugs and code issues of course.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    F32A
    X570

F12A
    B550

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...abyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page859

For now it's a single CPU compatibility fix still on AGESA 1.1.0.0 D

1.1.9.0 should be a good point until AMD fixes up 1.2.0.0 far as I'm reading this, doesn't have all the fun Zen3 fixes and improvements I would think but it should be a step up from 1.1.0.0 - 1.1.8.0 and related issues while having some new features and hopefully overall stability improvements. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    GSDragoon and insp1re2600 like this.
  13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    How's it performing?

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I have not used it yet but F31 has been problem free thus far though I am likely going to wait on updating again until F32B or newer with the 1.1.9.0 code is out for testing.

AMD could really start writing some release notes for the AGESA and related fixes here not digging through Google or Github projects for what these really do beyond fluff and generic memory compatibility though I do like the new features even if I can't use some of them myself since it's for Zen3 CPU's plus whatever is actually fixed and improved has gotten a lot of positive reception over from MSI and Asus users who adapted early to these versions which is really good from user data and feedback on how well this code works.

New software drivers fixed the Realtek 2.5GB network connectivity issue as well and this should hopefully be the final 1.1.0.0 Patch D bios but F31 should be good for anyone not on a 3300X CPU. :)
    Assuming that since 1.2.0.0 is rolling out AMD has 1.1.9.0 as a bug fix stop-gap until 1.2.0.0 but that newest code seemingly brings back or has additional issues so Gigabyte is waiting on integrating this into the newer bios releases. For now.

EDIT: Yeah.

"Clean and optimized"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kwi8zj/agesa_v2_pi_1200_released_for_asus_ch78/

??? I can't get anything out of that info but I suppose it's good. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ksa4l8/agesa_changelogs/

These while technical are still readable actual fixes and information on what's been changed.
    (CZN = Cezanne or Ryzen 5000 Mobile.)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    I'll give it a go with my 5800x when I lay the child in the cradle and see how it performs.

31 has been great for boost and memory oc / timings so far

JonasBeckman likes this.

16. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    initially had to reset bios a few times to get it to recognise my mp600 pcie 4x4 nvme, which was odd, also couple of times it detected no drives at all. But now its working well, CPU has seen a couple of boosts up to 5.0ghz on its own, which was nice.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Apparently that was a test bios.

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...abyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page860
    Next bios set should be 1.1.9.0 then and I guess stable though I wonder if Gigabyte will do a shorter beta period as a bit more of a bug fix and smoothing out the various 1.1.0.0 issues and what not before starting a new beta phase for AGESA 1.2.0.0 or if the testing will transition from 1.1.9.0 to 1.2.0.0 before the new bios set finalizes.

I don't really know what AMD's doing 1.1.8.0 but apparently not that good so then 1.1.9.0 comes out but before that's been incorporated into bios updates AMD's already pushing out 1.2.0.0 and whatever this fixes presumably Zen3 mobile CPU support and improvements since these are launching in addition to fixes from 1.1.9.0 and what not but not sure.

Seeing how MSI and Asus are already doing launches of beta bios updates to 1.2.0.0 AMD must be considering it stable enough for public testing though Gigabyte wants to do some more testing and validation first.

Guess we'll see, either more 1.2.0.0 bios releases or a 1.2.0.0 Patch A or such code update if the problems are related to AMD's AGESA code here.

EDIT: Hmm suppose it makes sense though with it being 1.2.0.0 based thinking about it as that 3300X CPU bug fix should have been part of the later AGESA code going by how MSI and ASUS bios updates added this and came with this CPU support getting fixed. :)

insp1re2600 likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Stable now.

via.
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...abyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page878

Post #13169

As usual the opening post has the various bios listings and it should be up on the global Gigabyte website too but might take a while to appear on the various regional versions. :)

F32 for X570
    F12 for B550

New F20A betas for the Z490 also.

EDIT:
    This is AGESA 1.1.0.0 D
    Usual optimizations for Zen3 / Ryzen 5000 series.
    Re-size BAR support for AMD SAM. (Should work on NVIDIA I would think too when their drivers support this.)

And USB 2.0 reliability improvements which I believe is new for F12 and F32 here.
    Along with a general system stability improvement, it's not listed so the 3300X CPU support might be part of the 1.1.9.0 or 1.2.0.0 AGESA since it's not in the notes again.

Unlike the earlier F32A which was using a integration of AGESA 1.2.0.0 but was pulled since Gigabyte is still doing testing with this.

EDIT:
    Should mean F33 / F13 would be 1.1.9.0 based then starting fresh on that as it completes internal testing and validation.

Wonder if that means F34 and F13 respectively then would be the jump up to 1.2.0.0 we'll see.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  19. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    yes im using the earlier f32a with the 1.2.0.0, seems fine after the initial nvme issues. not had those since i reset the bios. Boosts to 5ghz, which is lovely stuff.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    F31 is still the newest on gigabyte site for the X570's.